Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s attached Coles Express isn’t 24 hours. But regardless of whether it’s Shell or the Ampol, there’s a 24 hour 7-Eleven 1-2 streets away. Chances are that means no overnight toilets, but meh, the F3 corridor desperately needs any charging at all!
Yeah, went past the Shell just after 8pm Friday and was completely closed. 7- eleven was full

Some more photos from Sutton Forest. Big expansion could be possible here if they can somehow exploit the 330kV transmission lines just over the back fence!

Directions to get into the site (once it’s open) will be to enter the northbound McDonald’s Drive Thru. Turn left into the side car park just after you pass the busway (coach stop/waiting area) but before you reach the drive thru order point.

7F51B7A7-4644-4EC9-97E2-2272805AEE86.jpeg

F2D4778C-560F-4CA3-A91F-6D94587616E6.jpeg

B10430E9-79F8-4440-9767-2125B73DDFCE.jpeg

D9025223-1F97-45A9-AEF3-1F6AC0786EB4.jpeg

648E3349-192B-4D57-A0E4-4AB5BA2ABF5A.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like they are trying to get them running quickly though. They were working on the jamisontown one on a Sunday today.

The Sutton location is obviously getting two initially (they are already in the pic at least), but would they normally put conduit already stocking up if they weren’t planning to put the other four in ASAP?

Evie Sorrento now officially open per their FB page.
Arena funded.
When I charged there other day, I wondered how it will go longer term being right next to the skate park. I felt it could have been installed closer to community centre building in the same car park for better security and deterrent . Kids were pulling at the cable on the other charger while I was charging. When when I wound down the window to say G'day they took off. Still, a charger next to a skate park is still way better than no charger at all :)

Reactions: Chuq
I’m going to scrape into Goulburn on 9% in half an hour. That’s a real improvement since it previously told me I’d arrive on 4%. Anyway, I could really have used a charge at Sutton Forest this arvo. Instead all I see here are reels. Really!

View attachment 804495
That layout has me curious. There seem to be huge gaps in between each concrete slab where the charging units would go. Presumably the cars would park nose-in/tail-in directly in front of the charging units, what are the gaps in between for?

That layout has me curious. There seem to be huge gaps in between each concrete slab where the charging units would go. Presumably the cars would park nose-in/tail-in directly in front of the charging units, what are the gaps in between for?
They were a lot of guys doing more concreting this morning when I swung past on the way to Sydney this morning. I’ll be back in a few hours. Will see what they’ve been doing.

(It’s not cool to take photos of workers)

Could be some of those multi-head 75kW stalls coming, which would need multiple spaces.

Could be leaving more space on the grounds of accessibility.

Could be leaving more space to help drivers of cars with stupid charging port locations to park badly and not necessarily block multiple spaces.

Could be there’s so much space to work with there’s no reason to risk paint damage and just spread out a little. The site isn’t short on space.

Good ideas.. my line of thought was going along the track that it was for vehicles towing (so they could drive in forward next to the charger) but didn't think the spaces were deep enough for that. It was interesting to see what others thought. It does make sense.

Although arguably 150-175 kW units which could power share would be more useful than these PK350s (and probably cheaper), this is presumably part of the early ARENA funding (see first few posts of this thread!) which specifies 350 kW.