Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is more activity!

The screenshot below is from a FB group. I've not included the name as he appears to know some details not obvious from looking and there's a chance he might not want his name publicly associated with it.

1651476998716.png

I'm assuming this is Evie due to the reference to 350 kW chargers. Implies Tritium, and everyone else is moving away from Tritium except the company which is owned by the same mob :p

Jamisontown is close to Penrith which was one of the locations on Evie's (now disappeared) ultra-rapid map.

Two of Evie's more recent sites (relatively speaking) are also Shells - Coomera Qld and Brighton Tas.

Also the comment about Shell Sutton Forest is interesting. I'm not sure how well progressed that site is... But I know that's a location that many are keen to see!

[UPDATE: Sutton Forest is apparently in build as well! Not sure if it's the north or south Shell.]

Anyway, glad to see things are still moving.

Last edited:
Doh! I drove through Sutton Forest servos on the way home from the southern highlands just a few hours ago, but before I saw this post; it was dark when I went through and I didn’t notice anything on the South Bound side. Will make a point when I return on Thursday or Friday to take a look.
I’m passing through there on Friday night. One of us will remember!

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq and Hairyman
Evie does seem to have a knack for picking good locations for the ultrafast sites.

Evie Taree is great, located at the service centre with quite a few food options, toilets etc and no real DCFC competition within cooee.

NRMA Nabiac is 30km away, only 1 stall and 50 kW. I used it once before Evie Taree opened and probably will never use it again.

In the other direction but 50 km away we have NRMA, Tesla and Chargefox at Thrumster - and Chargefox has been out of action since March.

Oh wow, I saw the work at Shell Jamisontown and thought it might have been EV related, but there's also a big road widening program about to start there too, so figured it was probably just part of that. Not hugely useful to me since I live quite close to it.

Sutton Forrest is a game changer though. Definitely will be using that one.

Reactions: moa999
Evie Taree is great, located at the service centre with quite a few food options, toilets etc and no real DCFC competition within cooee.
Yes, and I'm a fan of their Seven Hills site too - great for trips between the Great Western Hwy or Hume and the Pacific just passing by Sydney on the M7.

Maclean is probably another good one for those without access to the Supercharger at Harwood.

They're certainly making their way through the Sydney ARENA sites pretty quickly. Are these shopping centres owned by the same parent company by any chance?

Tesla Tom reviewed the Royal Randwick site recently and noticed that when he plugged in to the CCS, the Chademo was still listed as "available" with 25 kW. Suggests that each is capable of 75 kW (but max 50 kW per connector). It wasn't particularly practical at that site, since the layout meant that there'd weren't any parking spaces nearby apart from the two spaces allocated to the two units, but at other sites it might mean that it's possible to charge 2x CCS and 2x Chademo cars simultaneously.

Last edited:
Some of the more recent one - Macquarie, Randwick and Marrickville are AMP Capital

Other malls.
NSW - Casula, Dapto, Northbridge
Qld - Indooroopilly, Gasworks, Karrinyup, Pacific Fair, Brickworks
Vic - Malvern, Stud Park
WA - Ocean Keys

On Tom's video
I actually wonder if that charger is capped at 50kW, and if say the 2nd machine was broken and a Leaf pulled up, they would effectively steal 25kW from the car already charging.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Chuq
Aww dammit Evie/Tritium :(
Not really, if otherwise it would mean that it was a 75kW charger with 25kW of that going to waste most of the time.

They can be configured with 3 modules, in which case they are 75kW and can deliver the full power to one port or split it between them, just like in the 50kW configuration.

The good thing about the 50kW configuration is that it appears to be able to deliver the full 50kW over a wider range of battery voltages - it's not limited to 125A like the RT50s.

Doh! I drove through Sutton Forest servos on the way home from the southern highlands just a few hours ago, but before I saw this post; it was dark when I went through and I didn’t notice anything on the South Bound side. Will make a point when I return on Thursday or Friday to take a look.
Drove through Sutton Forest South Bound at about 5PM today and circled around the servo, the truck parking, mcDonalds and the Pie Shop and I couldn’t see any evidence of works.
perhaps @QBN_PC would like to check the North Bound side on Friday. If not I will check on Monday.

Drove through Sutton Forest South Bound at about 5PM today and circled around the servo, the truck parking, mcDonalds and the Pie Shop and I couldn’t see any evidence of works.
perhaps @QBN_PC would like to check the North Bound side on Friday. If not I will check on Monday.
Found em. Sutton Forest service centre. Northbound side.

Drive through the Shell servo truck diesel bays. They’re basically next to the Maccas drive thru order points, sorta near the highway overpass. Two of the bigger Tritium chargers (350kW presumably) with Evie Networks stickers. It looks like there’s provision for at least 6 stalls.

I’ll definitely use these to avoid the Goulburn detour! Plus I’ll have more charge in the car when I’m headed towards Wollongong.

B73D1863-F0AF-431F-9B7B-86673A2C22C5.jpeg

F408FC3E-8942-480F-8E11-601947EE0D10.jpeg

83A9A452-C943-4B83-A54D-D7A7D6DEAD22.jpeg