Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The older ones maybe, Evie seem to be getting good uptime with the newer ones.
Brunswick, Victoria EV hub is a good example of this. Both chargers broken for longer then 6 months with no sign of replacement or repair. Plugshare advises they will be replaced but unknown when. 6 months broken and if this was a petrol pump at a petrol station there would be rioting.

Brunswick, Victoria EV hub is a good example of this. Both chargers broken for longer then 6 months with no sign of replacement or repair. Plugshare advises they will be replaced but unknown when. 6 months broken and if this was a petrol pump at a petrol station there would be rioting.
That kind of time has to be down to the owner - in this case apparently Moreland City Council, and you can imagine a council might not have budgeted much for ongoing maintenance & repair.

Reactions: B3AU
A big list of sites Evie is going to be opening after receiving Vic govt funding (from here: Destination Charging Across Victoria Program):

Fast Cities Australia
(Evie Networks)
Evie Networks DC Fast Charging Across VictoriaCharger size: 50 kW
No. of chargers: 55
No. of sites: 55
Region: Hume
Grant funding: $2,972,972.97
Estimated project completion: 30 June 2023
Locations: Wodonga, Wallan, Traralgon, Shepparton, Morwell, Torquay, Warragul, Belgrave, Wangaratta, Kyneton, Mildura, Heathcote, Benalla, Warburton, Colac, San Remo, Yarrawonga, Barwon Heads, Healesville, Red Hill South, Portland, Cowes, Ararat, Port Fairy, Stawell, Camperdown, Maffra, Paynesville, Loch, Mirboo North, Lancefield, Meeniyan, Beechworth, Bruthen, Casterton, Lakes Entrance, Orbost, Dunkeld, Corryong, Edenhope, Warracknabeal, Dartmoor, Cann River, Hamilton, Kaniva, Macedon, St Arnaud, Alexandra, Mansfield, Bright, Bairnsdale, Bendigo, Echuca, Beaufort & Nagambie
Proposed Port Fairy location is at 5 Bank St, Port Fairy VIC 3284

Statement from Evie, containing
"To meet the project obligations and requirements Evie must deploy and commission all infrastructure
prior to the 31st of July 2023. To be successful in meeting these project obligations this means we must
have the site into construction by early June at the latest. Generally construction is taking our build
partners 5-10 days with minimal impact caused to the local area. Once the site is built we can schedule
a truck appointment with the power authorities to energise the site, this is taking anywhere from 4-8
weeks from construction completion. It is critical that this site is delivered within these timelines to
meet our project obligations due to the large capital investment to deploy Electric Vehicle Charging
infrastructure ahead of the electric vehicle demand curve."
download.png

What happened?
Of the 4 x 350kW chargers there:
  • 1 is out of service.
  • 2 appear online but will auto-abort the instant it starts charging (on CCS anyway, one of those two worked fine for a CHAdeMO Nissan).
  • 1 worked normally, but last night some yogi was at 98% while 2 cars were waiting. I did a 5 minute blast to reach Marulan (well, Goulburn, just in case Marulan was occupied) then the guy who arrived before me hoped to stick around an hour til he had enough to reach Penrith on his way to the Blue Mountains. Though he said he'd move on if someone was waiting. I suggested he try BP at Ingleburn/Bardia, before the M7 turnoff, as it's got 4 CCS stalls.

Wow, yet another epic Tritium fail.

I got a survey request from Evie recently, as per quote below:

Gave a poor score. And for the reason, I said they have to use a more reliable hardware partner than Tritium. I cannot in good faith recommend Evie to friends or colleagues as things stand.

We'd love to hear about your experience with Evie Networks.
Please take 10 seconds to answer one quick question.

Your feedback is important to us and will be used to help improve the overall experience at Evie Networks.

Q. How likely are you to recommend Evie Networks to a friend or colleague?

(Sutton Forest discussion - reply from another thread)
Wow, yet another epic Tritium fail.

I got a survey request from Evie recently, as per quote below:

Gave a poor score. And for the reason, I said they have to use a more reliable hardware partner than Tritium. I cannot in good faith recommend Evie to friends or colleagues as things stand.

They won't. They're related companies via the Trevor St Baker Energy Investment Fund.

Evie Networks is owned by them.

Tritium used to be owned by them, though it got floated via a SPAC early last year. Though they still have a substantial shareholding in the now-listed company.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
They won't. They're related companies via the Trevor St Baker Energy Investment Fund.

Evie Networks is owned by them.

Tritium used to be owned by them, though it got floated via a SPAC early last year. Though they still have a substantial shareholding in the now-listed company.

Still worth sending them a message! They are literally requesting feedback on why customers would or would not recommend them.

Reactions: Hairyman
How quickly they can fix it is the bigger thing. One would assume Evie has the highest level of Tritium support?

It's also interesting that Evie haven't Faulted the stalls on the app - providing a misleading view unless you check Plugshare.

Chargefox has been playing similar games. Eg. At the Eveleigh site, only one of the 50kW machines is marked as Faulted despite both being out for a week, and a comment field stating they are aware of the issue.