Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having a look at a handful of sites in all states... I can't see anything related to busy / wait times shown yet.
Anyone else had any luck? Curious to see how it looks...

They've also just posted this callout on Facebook (I assume the spare spots won't last very long....)

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 11.50.58.png

Based on the exclusion list, I'm guessing it might be related to AutoCharge (aka but not quite Plug & Charge), since it doesn't work with them...

To use Autocharge, every vehicle needs a unique code. Some vehicle have shared codes and for that can not use Autocharge.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Their 'unique' identifier isn't actually unique, so it can't be used for automatically charging... and charging your account when you plug in.
I'm pretty sure the "unique identifier" in question here is the MAC address (the connection between car and charger is a network link, I believe it even uses TCP/IP). This wasn't actually intended to support "plug and charge" type functionality.

I'm sure there is a logical reason but is anyone able to explain why the RFID card needs to have been used at the site previously?
The device needs to check a given RFID card ID is valid/authorised EVIE card associated with an account. Likely the device only keeps a record of previously used cards that it confirms with a central server as valid as apposed to periodically syncing a local copy of a network based database of all such cards. As the network is out it cannot check on the validity of a previously unseen card.