Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps some of us are better investors than you...
Aside from the fact that's getting rather personal, better investing would simply push me up in average income and out of the UMC.

Here, again, are hard numbers. Only folks in the top 10% reach a million in net worth and even then it's the upper part of that 10% given the median (vs mean) net worth values given on some of the sites below.
A Look at Household Net Worth and Household Income By Age Group from the 2010 Survey of Consumer Finances

UMC simply are not millionaires, there isn't any data to back up that statement unless you can point to some counter data. More links:

Wealth in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Affluence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm totally accepting of any counter proof. This fellow would approve of any reference sources you can find:
7294793160_dc9fee0560.jpg

Last edited:
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but the thing that upset me about Romney's attack was the lack of response by Obama. He did nothing to refute Romney's claims. The most simple response would have been to say the ATVM program was created by Bush to support progressive American industry. Instead Obama switched topics and left the attack stand. It definitely made him look bad and he should have been prepared for that attack. We've seen those attacks in lots of places:

Jim Hillibish: Thanks to us, the wealthy have a new road toy - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

I'm just saying that the writing was on the wall and Obama and him team should have been better prepared.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but the thing that upset me about Romney's attack was the lack of response by Obama. He did nothing to refute Romney's claims. The most simple response would have been to say the ATVM program was created by Bush to support progressive American industry. Instead Obama switched topics and left the attack stand. It definitely made him look bad and he should have been prepared for that attack. We've seen those attacks in lots of places:

Jim Hillibish: Thanks to us, the wealthy have a new road toy - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

I'm just saying that the writing was on the wall and Obama and him team should have been better prepared.

Just about everything that was said for those ~90 minutes made whoever spoke look bad (Jim Lehrer included).

Well a pro-business president would do wonders for Tesla's business. Not only directly, but it would increase the number of potential customers and make it more socially acceptable to drive such expensive cars.

I think that is only in comparison to the other two. I will admit he spoke better than Obama, IFF you discount the substance of his words.

While perception plays a big part of it and for many people, the words do matter to 'some'. I was no longer interested in ANYTHING that Mr. Romney had to say after the Tesla comment. Just that one sentence, that small string of 'words' and there inaccuracy and I was out the door. (Actually, I was bent over the kitchen sink trying to dislodge the hunk of pizza in my throat.)

It makes no difference that I don't have a vote because I have lots of friends who do have votes, and I have a very personal and very big stake in Tesla's success or failure, and I can be real persuasive.

On the hand, it can work the other way and perhaps The President said something that affected other people in the same way.

Anyway, Romney is a good debater it seems and did seem to hold his own.

I disagree. I was totally put off by the fact that that he disrespected debate rules. In a real debate he would have been disqualified.

That gave me the impression that he believes the rules don't apply to him.

Also, he was made rapid-fire generalizations that left me with more questions than answers. Serious questions at that.

I was totally put off by the fact that that he disrespected debate rules. In a real debate he would have been disqualified.

I just looked up the statistics from the debate, and it surprised me to find that Obama talked for a total of four minutes longer than Romney. I wouldn't have guessed that from watching the debate because it did seem like Jim Lehrer tried unsuccessfully to stop Romney more than he did Obama. Maybe it was Lehrer that should have been disqualified because he gave the President unfair leaway versus Romney. Bottom line: they both really stretched the time limits.