Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exactly one week until delivery...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t forget your checklists and try to get *some* sleep the night before. :)

A small trash bag, a collapsible sunshade (Costco sells a great one for less than $10), and some detail spray with a microfiber towel (gotta get the schmutz off from the window sticker) are a good few things to bring.

On the other hand, plenty of time for that.

Enjoy!

Don’t forget your checklists and try to get *some* sleep the night before. :)

A small trash bag, a collapsible sunshade (Costco sells a great one for less than $10), and some detail spray with a microfiber towel (gotta get the schmutz off from the window sticker) are a good few things to bring.

On the other hand, plenty of time for that.

Enjoy!

I don't follow, what are the collapsible sunshade and trash bag used for?

I don't follow, what are the collapsible sunshade and trash bag used for?

Brand new car. All sorts of little things materialize for which a small trash bag is helpful. E.g., packing materials/tape/bags for the phone mount.

And there's a lot of glass area. Very bright. Sunshade helpful. Now, granted, it's winter, so perhaps sunshade optional. But I still use mine every day and that's with a tinted windshield (Photosync 75).

Your mileage... may vary.

Reactions: Olds442
Brand new car. All sorts of little things materialize for which a small trash bag is helpful. E.g., packing materials/tape/bags for the phone mount.

And there's a lot of glass area. Very bright. Sunshade helpful. Now, granted, it's winter, so perhaps sunshade optional. But I still use mine every day and that's with a tinted windshield (Photosync 75).

Your mileage... may vary.

Ahh that makes sense. I've had a loaner without tint and it's been brutal. The first thing the Model S will get when it returns to Florida is 15% all around. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be a cloudy day.

Reactions: Olds442
The waiting only heightens the excitement. Hubby couldn't get off work until Friday and we knew it was sitting at the service center all week waiting for us LOL. Wanted so badly to go pick it up. Then of course we still had a week's wait beyond that as we arranged to have it Xpel'd right after picking it up! THAT was really a hard wait and hubby only got to drive it 5 miles before giving it up.

Have fun everyone!

Ha, that's the worst part after you're all excited to get it on x date..
Tuesday, then Wednesday, now tomorrow for sure!

Mine is sitting at the service center, so there better not be any delays! I'm flying over a thousand miles to pick it up.
This week is going by terribly slowly! I have yet to have the electrician come install the plug, so I've been taking the loaner to my local supercharger every other day. I'm finding every excuse to drive it!

Ordered mine a few weeks ago, midnight gray 100D. Supposed to be built and to me in California before Christmas, driving it cross-country to Connecticut starting Dec 28!!!

Sounds like that will be an amazing trip! Are you picking it up at Fremont?

Woo! My S is getting delivered in a week and 3 days on the 8th. I fly to Oregon to pick it up then driving it down the west coast and back to Dallas.

Days are crawling by until our trip!
Did you purchase an inventory car that was already in Oregon or heading there? Or did you opt to take delivery there for another reason?
Sounds like that will be a great trip as well, I've always loved the Pacific Northwest.