Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with Ultra High Fidelity Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. My experience has been that the system is source dependent. It shines really well with lossless music at minimum of CD quality in terms of layering, depth and separation. Those very same things that enable that level of quality can be unforgiving on a not so good source. For example if the recording has the left channel over optimized it may seem that the sound stage is towards the driver. It took me a little bit of getting used to but once I reimagined my listening experience in my car to the same as listening to a great pair of floor standers at a 8 ft distance then it all made sense. I was so used to more of the all enveloping sound in a car that the forward sound stage seemed a little weird at first. YMMV.
I've always listened to KDFC FM 104.9 in the SF Bay Area, and it always sounded great in all the good sound systems in the luxury and semi luxury cars I rented, but it, like everything else, sounds like a tin can in the Tesla.

I was really looking forward to being immersed in a symphony while I drive. I think I got the wrong car, if they think this is a $2,500 better sound system than average.

Hello. Reading this makes me feel ok with not choosing the ultra sound system for the X. Had it in all other MS until now, and I am satisfied with the sound there.
One thing thogh,it`s common knowledge, but it took a VERY long time to get the speakers "played in". It sound`s better and better after a period of time in my opinion. I tend to set the bass to max for a period just to "loosen" the membrains and it works.
But who know`s...........

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo