Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lord Farquad

2022 MYLR W/B/20s/Tow bar. Previously 2021 M3SR+
Aug 20, 2021
North West
First decent image I’ve seen if the facelift Model 3.

65A6231A-0A08-48BB-9E85-FE8D50869EC2.jpeg

Credit

clearly the front, wings, and headlights are new. Mirrors look the same. Do you think they have kept the same bonnet. It is a very similar shape to the current model?
On first view I don't dislike it. not enough visible to tell though really.

Gonna be fun seeing Tesla try to shift the last of the MK1s

Interesting. The dashboard is different and curves towards where the steering wheel would be. So I would assume there will be some sort of display there
I’m not so sure. I think there is a cover masking the dash, screen and wheel. Might just be a trick of how it is lying over the top of the wheel and dash? Would be surprised as this will increase complexity and manufacturing cost but time will tell.

Reactions: boombap and Adopado
cheap front binnacle display would help shut up those people going 'oh I don't want to look to the side to see what speed I'm doing'

that front doesn't look nearly as aero efficient as the previous - starting to look like an old Hyundai Coupe at teh front. Not a bad look and not as fish-like

I think it looks bland.

At least the current looks are a design language of a sort. This looks generic, a bit like an NPC car in GTA5.

Since there is so much talk about cost efficiency, I will be interested to see what has been silently downgraded or stripped out of this car, whilst still being sold at a premium price.

Reactions: M1tch and Zigway
I think it looks bland.
I agree with you, looks kind of like a blander version of the Ioniq 6 with those headlights, and seems to have lost the aero curtain slots in sides of bumper ahead of front wheels. Not sure if this will translate in a good way to the Model Y either. No hint of Model S design language, feels like a facelift on-the-cheap, but let's face it that's always been the key focus for Tesla and it wasn't like the looks of the Model 3 sold it before.

But before we get ahead of ourselves this could still be WIP, maybe once we get some better photos it will look better in the flesh.

Reactions: Durzel and CWT3LR