Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fact Check this Tweet Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rep. Pat Garofalo on Twitter

Claims that radar doesn't work against a Tesla. Seems hard to believe.....
Here is the tweet, quote: "Little known fact. Because of the materials used in it, the speed of a Tesla cannot be tracked by a radar gun."

Yep, that is indeed a "little known fact" because...it's not a fact. It is incorrect. Aluminum reflects radar.

Reactions: Joel
If you look at the Tweet's comments, I kinda confirmed it was a joke. Hmm. I thought jokes were supposed to be funny?

tweet.png

Last edited:
Joking about a Tesla having stealth capability, and turning into a political stereotype? Priceless. :D

The clueless part comes from the article. They referred to the 2016 Camaro that was clocked at 171 mph by radar as a "sports car".

That is going to piss off a lot of Eurocar owners ... :D

The 2 faster versions has not been released yet. That's just the standard V8 model.

I did not put a lot of stock in the claim but since I've a friend who happens to be a highway patrol trooper I asked him to help out with an experiment. He set up along side the road and I headed his way. Sure enough both his radar and lidar guns nailed me.

• Informative
Reactions: deonb