Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False open window indicator in Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last couple of days, I've had an issue where the Tesla app says I have 1 window open (none are). When I use the app to close the windows it briefly shows them closed then reverts to saying 1 is open. Anyone else having this issue? Trying to decide whether it's an app bug, a car sensor problem or something else and whether it's worth a service appointment. Rainy season is starting in Seattle, so... if this is major issue I don't want to find out the hard way. Car is currently running 2020.36.11and the app is up to date.

Happened to our Y, it said it was open, didn't look like it. I filed a ticket, they gave me instructions on how to calibrate the windows (I'm not sure if I did it correctly). The mobile tech still calibrated the windows via their laptop. I had another issue with a seat that I had done a "bug report" on as well so maybe that's why they still came. He reported doing some calibration with the seats as well. The mobile visit took probably 5 mins

• Informative
Reactions: hellocar
My MS R has been giving random single or multiple window open messages for a few months, and 2020.40.x hasn't made any difference. Just trying .3 now.

Tesla sent me a link to the M3 recalibration info which seemed less bothered about how long you hold the windows stalled closed and open, but specifies using the driver's door controls only, and starting off closing, then full open / stall and fully close stall. The instructions also said uninstall and reinstall the app.

Oddly, having already tried and failed using each individual door control, the same procedure from driver's door seemed to fix it and I went 10 days with no erroneous messages, although I didn't use the car during those 10 days.

Then I used the car and that evening the messages started again.

The biggest annoyance with this error is that the app doesn't say *which* window is open.

Mine went away and I haven't had it for most of the summer until the latest updates this month. Now it's constantly moaning about open windows.

There needs to be service menu item with 'yes all the windows are shut, stop moaning' button to press :)