Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite options? I want a snowplow and a winch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A winch or a place that gives the ability to attach/make custom winch mount.

Small enough wheel diameter for a decent set off road tires.. 18" at least!

Yes i will use these! winch was the best thing i ever bought for my Land rover. Mostly used for recovery of other vehicles and piece of mind when off road alone. Good set of all terrains are a must for durability.

Also hope the solar panel option is affordable.

Defo a winch! That's how I found this 'Tesla Motors Club' as I was googling to find out if there's any info on whether their will be one. I run a farm in northern England and need a winch to pull stuff out of the mud/ snow every so often. I've got a Land Rover Defender currently but ordered the cyber truck the day after (the shock of!) release, based on the spec. I cannot wait to get this beast. Got some saving up to do first mind. It'll be worth it. No more diesel, woohoo!

With regards to where the winch will go this video shows some photos of a 'frunk' at the front which could possibly house a winch, what do you lot think?

I also like the pto idea, but that would use a serious amount of power. I have a mini baler and topper and running them off it would be ace, but I can't imagine it would be able to run for that long.

Wheels - I want wheel info. I hope they come up with some kind of un-puncturable wheel, some type of wheel you don't need to change for the different seasons. That'd be awesome.

I also defo want the solar panel option and the camper option. Better jump to it and get earning some money in the meantime!

In this location a snowplow is a bulldozer. Where I live the snowfall is a small fraction of this but I never see a light duty pickup with a blade. HD's only.

View attachment 482911
Our record snowfall year was 978” or 81.5 feet, in 2011-2012. And yes We use heavy equipment as snow removal, but Many driveways get done with pickups, tractors, and snow blowers.

• Funny
Reactions: gregoryg and Blup85
Spare tire

Haven't I seen snow plows that are attached by what looks like a double 2" receiver?
That could also be used to attach a winch mount.
Since it has electric power steering, just increase the size of the 12V (or 24V) converter so it can accommodate a winch or snow plow.
With Anderson connectors (like on fork lifts) it would be easy to connect the various accessories. You could also connect a large 120V inverter.

• Funny
Reactions: MXLRplus
No, not just a plow - a snow thrower. Plows merely push the snow to the side, and when we get snow, there is often no where else to push the snow, even in the mountains.

In the lower 48 here, we don't get as much as Alaska, but last February it was 20' (yeah, 20 feet in a month) with the 2018/2019 season coming in at about 500 inches of the white stuff.

The Ariens two-stage simply couldn't get over the 9' piles of snow on the sides of our driveway. The ski resorts had the chair lifts actually buried. A lot of it wasn't the light/fluffy, but what we like to call "Sierra Cement" with massive water content. Ski resorts stayed open until July, and we were able to see snow on the 10k mountains all year.

No, not just a plow - a snow thrower. Plows merely push the snow to the side, and when we get snow, there is often no where else to push the snow, even in the mountains.

In the lower 48 here, we don't get as much as Alaska, but last February it was 20' (yeah, 20 feet in a month) with the 2018/2019 season coming in at about 500 inches of the white stuff.

The Ariens two-stage simply couldn't get over the 9' piles of snow on the sides of our driveway. The ski resorts had the chair lifts actually buried. A lot of it wasn't the light/fluffy, but what we like to call "Sierra Cement" with massive water content. Ski resorts stayed open until July, and we were able to see snow on the 10k mountains all year.
I was born and raised in Tahoe. Left for good in 2001. I think it was 1998 we got over 30 feet in March! Up here in S central AK the last 4 or 5 winters we’ve gotten Maritime high moisture snow packs very similar to Sierra cement. Growing up Mammoth would stay open as late as possible (in the pre corporate days) we used to camp at the green church hot springs and ski there every day after the resorts in Tahoe closed. And I was in mammoth last June before the “hood season” training my race kids, it was awesome.

Spare tire

Haven't I seen snow plows that are attached by what looks like a double 2" receiver?
That could also be used to attach a winch mount.
Since it has electric power steering, just increase the size of the 12V (or 24V) converter so it can accommodate a winch or snow plow.
With Anderson connectors (like on fork lifts) it would be easy to connect the various accessories. You could also connect a large 120V inverter.
The plows that connect to a 2” are a joke. Really only good for a few inches of light fluffy.

Do we know if the rear window will roll down? Might be nice to put a wakeboard in thru that window since it won't fit entirely in the bed after the vault cover is closed, and I wanna be able to close the tailgate so the board doesn't get stolen.