Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MPY on Feb 8th, had a Intel based unit as a delivery option on the 27th!

Canceled / put order on hold as I didn't want to purchase a out of day unit (Intel / 12v lead battery).

Got a new EDD of May / June (-doh-) which was just updated to March 13 - March 31!

Woot.
I'm Maryland also, ordered on 2/15 but all I've got as of right now is EDD 3/11-3/31 with no Vin

Reactions: GBMaryland
New member here. Order my first EV tonight!

MYLR Red
Tow
No FSD
In case you have not seen it yet in any of the threads. Make sure your profile is complete. That includes trade in and payment method.

It is recommended you select no trade in and cash for payment method. Both of these expire after 30 and 60 days and would need to be reset. When they expire, expect your EDD to push back. By selecting no trade in and cash payment, is nothing to expire, so you don’t have to keep resetting.

As you get close and have a VIN assigned, you can have Tesla change these to get a trade in offer and/or change to finance.

MYP Blue exterior/White Interior/No tow hitch/No FSD

OD: 20 Feb w/ Est Delivery April
EDD 2/21: 5/15 - 6/12
EDD 2/25: 5/1 - 5/29

Really hope it gets here sooner. Hopefully atleast April timeframe. Im from the Bay Area so hopefully it doesn’t take too long lol.

MYLR, OD 2-21-22, PWP, 19", Black and 5S. Delivery estimate December 2022.

Quick question on trade in. I indicated that I have a trade in. They came back with a value which is only good for 30 days. Do I just resubmit the trade in info once I get a delivery date?
Tesla trade in very low price , my estimate trade in with Tesla cheaper than car max 6k

Guys, my EDD got all of a sudden changed from "August" to "March 15 - March 31".

I didn't even apply for finance, no VIN, and trade info hasn't been updated.

What would you recommend? Has this happen to anyone else here who ordered in Feb?

MYLR White/White with FSD.

Reactions: Maxw72
Guys, my EDD got all of a sudden changed from "August" to "March 15 - March 31".

What would you recommend? Has this happen to anyone else here who ordered in Feb?

Wow that is a nice little bump! I'm in the March 9 - March 31 group. I still don't have a vin but from what I'm seeing if financing is needed you should wait until the VIN is assigned as the financing expires as well as the trade. I know with my financing (as I didn't have that data about the expiration) it was an instant approval and no paperwork was needed. They also gave a very competitive rate. As I work for a Credit Union, the rate is even better than what my institution offers.

Reactions: Otter2007
Wow that is a nice little bump! I'm in the March 9 - March 31 group. I still don't have a vin but from what I'm seeing if financing is needed you should wait until the VIN is assigned as the financing expires as well as the trade. I know with my financing (as I didn't have that data about the expiration) it was an instant approval and no paperwork was needed. They also gave a very competitive rate. As I work for a Credit Union, the rate is even better than what my institution offers.

Good to hear that I'm not alone on this boat... 😁

I guess I'll just wait for couple of days and see what happens.

Wow. No, still stagnant at “August” since day of order. But had not expected it to change this early. I ordered MYLR white/white 20” wheels no tow, no FSD.

Interesting! You’re in Canada? Maybe they have room on a truck going up there and decided to throw your car onto that truck.

Still generic August 2022 on our blue LR. Presumably (hopefully) it’ll update soon.

How do I add trade-in info?

I know it used to be there before I changed the order to a cash purchase without trade-in. Now, I can't figure out how to get back to that section again!
You need to contact Tesla. They normally contact you about 30 days out to ask about trade in. Failing that, contact your SA or use Tesla Chat and ask them about adding trade in. They can set it so you can add.

All that said, looks like yours is a February order, wait until you have a VIN, or are contacted. Don’t change it too far out or will expire and effect your EDD

You need to contact Tesla. They normally contact you about 30 days out to ask about trade in. Failing that, contact your SA or use Tesla Chat and ask them about adding trade in. They can set it so you can add.

All that said, looks like yours is a February order, wait until you have a VIN, or are contacted. Don’t change it too far out or will expire and effect your EDD
Yup, I still don't expect March delivery.

I just figured that I might as well add the trade-in info since that won't change regardless of EDD. Unless if adding a trade-in can kick dates around...

Yup, I still don't expect March delivery.

I just figured that I might as well add the trade-in info since that won't change regardless of EDD. Unless if adding a trade-in can kick dates around...
It expires after 30 days. Then your EDD goes into limbo until you upload a new odometer reading. Then recalculate again and hope it goes back to where it was, but some have slide out.

If I recall correctly, trade in expires 30 days and Finance expires after 60. Or is it other way around?

It expires after 30 days. Then your EDD goes into limbo until you upload a new odometer reading. Then recalculate again and hope it goes back to where it was, but some have slide out.

If I recall correctly, trade in expires 30 days and Finance expires after 60. Or is it other way around?
Yikes, I think I will wait until a VIN is assigned regardless....

Thanks for the info!

I am going to ask this again, probably a question that others may have. How do I know which components will go on my Tesla? My EDD for MYP is April 22 - May 20, and I read about Intel vs Ryzen chips, and other things. Is the delivery date/production batch an indicator for the parts?
Sorry this is probably a stupid question, I have never had to worry about parts in a car I was buying..

I am going to ask this again, probably a question that others may have. How do I know which components will go on my Tesla? My EDD for MYP is April 22 - May 20, and I read about Intel vs Ryzen chips, and other things. Is the delivery date/production batch an indicator for the parts?
Sorry this is probably a stupid question, I have never had to worry about parts in a car I was buying..
Pre-delivery, you’d need to reach out to Tesla or your sales advisor to see what they have. Post-delivery, you can find the chip in the settings on the screen. If it has the AMD, it has the Li-ion battery.