Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling a little salty about my purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s terrible for any brand. The pop pop from suspension could be your CV. Definitely get that looked at asap. Not normal
Oh, I know all about that. I had them replaced 3x on my 2019 Model S. It was an issue every 10k miles, but it was the ONLY issue that car had, and I was OK with that.

As for my current X, I am not driving the 100 miles to the service center, each way, ever again. 80% of the 1200 miles on my X are to/from the service center, and it was towed there twice on top of that. The windshield wipers don't turn on no matter what, the driver's side falcon wing door struts broke, and since the door was repaired, it leaks whenever it is raining...directly onto the passenger seat. I have phantom braking beyond belief ever since the last service center visit. It squealed the tires today trying to stop suddenly for....an empty road in front of me. The car that was behind me then drove around me on the shoulder probably thinking that I was a nutcase and shouldn't be on the road. Fair enough. Tesla never sent my license plates, never properly registered the car with the state, never provided the carpet mat for the middle/rear rows (was delivered without it)....They had to replace 4 of the 6 seats right after delivery due to failing stitching and stains on them at delivery. The car broke down AT the service center when I arrived to pick it up one time which left me 100 miles from home, and all the service center would do was tell me they'd give me $100 in Uber credits...which they then refused to give to me. I could keep going. Hell, every time I drive it, there's a new issue or two. The service center does not even want me to bring it back for the new issues...they want it lemoned too.

• Informative
Reactions: Genie
Oh, I know all about that. I had them replaced 3x on my 2019 Model S. It was an issue every 10k miles, but it was the ONLY issue that car had, and I was OK with that.

As for my current X, I am not driving the 100 miles to the service center, each way, ever again. 80% of the 1200 miles on my X are to/from the service center, and it was towed there twice on top of that. The windshield wipers don't turn on no matter what, the driver's side falcon wing door struts broke, and since the door was repaired, it leaks whenever it is raining...directly onto the passenger seat. I have phantom braking beyond belief ever since the last service center visit. It squealed the tires today trying to stop suddenly for....an empty road in front of me. The car that was behind me then drove around me on the shoulder probably thinking that I was a nutcase and shouldn't be on the road. Fair enough. Tesla never sent my license plates, never properly registered the car with the state, never provided the carpet mat for the middle/rear rows (was delivered without it)....They had to replace 4 of the 6 seats right after delivery due to failing stitching and stains on them at delivery. The car broke down AT the service center when I arrived to pick it up one time which left me 100 miles from home, and all the service center would do was tell me they'd give me $100 in Uber credits...which they then refused to give to me. I could keep going. Hell, every time I drive it, there's a new issue or two. The service center does not even want me to bring it back for the new issues...they want it lemoned too.
This is very odd. Where are you located?

We took delivery Friday and my second row locked up. They moved it back somehow but we had it for two days and couldn’t move the second row. Dropped it off Monday and now it is allegedly working. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow so we will see. I wasn’t confident in what they said went wrong and that they fixed it. Nice team over where I am though and they have been very responsive.

Sorry for the complaint thread, but I'm a bit salty right now. I hope you all can bear with me.

I posted a couple days ago about my door not opening fully with auto present. I thought the tech didn't know how the car worked, but it turned out to be my own ignorance of the subject, and the actual problem was much more frustrating.

I knew that the ultrasonic sensors had been removed. I didn't care about summon, and I thought park assist was just the auto park. I didn't realize I had lost parking sensors. I didn't realize I lost the doors opening. I feel like I have a handicapped car until the new features are back in there. I hear it is out for the MY, not the MX, and the reviews aren't great. So who knows how much longer it'll be before I am at feature parity with you 2022 MX owners.

The worst part is, I found out it was done to save $144 on the car. All this on a $110,000 vehicle. I've reached out to service, and I'm hoping they can retrofit the sensors to my car. Fingers crossed.
Welcome to Tesla.
The doors also have USS. From what I understand the FWD still have them but removed from the front doors. Tesla will use Vision to estimate how much to open the door
The front doors never had USS. The auto-present feature, or the front doors in general, rely on the USS inside the FWD, believe or not. If you pull in an angled parking space where the FWD doesn't see any obstacle on its side, but the front door is 1 foot away from the next car, your front door will hit the next car if you open it.

Welcome to Tesla.

The front doors never had USS. The auto-present feature, or the front doors in general, rely on the USS inside the FWD, believe or not. If you pull in an angled parking space where the FWD doesn't see any obstacle on its side, but the front door is 1 foot away from the next car, your front door will hit the next car if you open it.
Ouch. In this case tesla vision may actually be an improvement if they can make it work

Let's see how well the Tesla way has worked
my 2013 Model S: Had rain sensor for rain.. turned on the wipers and headlights. worked 99% of the time as it should.
2019 Model x: AP worked at 90 MPH with following distance of 1. No rain sensor - auto wipers work 9% of the time.
"update" comes along: AP limited to 85 MPH - Can't keep up with Baltimore traffic, AND i'm WAYYYYY to far behind the car infront of me with the distance of 2 bull $hit. False forward collision warnings ALL the damn time.
2023: Tesla removes sensors that 'do things'
Car can no longer tell you before you hit a wall/curb. Saved $100 on that, but bumping the wall once will set you back $200.

Tesla: Our cars can drive themselves!
Owners: You can't even get wipers right.

Lol Tesla Vision is absolute trash.

I have a stroller parked in the garage in front of where I’d normally park. My wife’s model 3 detects it and tells her when she’s 12 inches away from it.

This Model X without sensors doesn’t even see the stroller. I can run right into it and it never appears on the screen as an obstacle.

Time to hang a tennis ball from the ceiling to upgrade my tech stack.

Stumbled upon your thread and it made me feel better!!
Here is my story:
I ordered MX in May 2022, and (finally) received it on March 11th. Before delivery, I received a call from the local office and a call from Tesla headquarters ( I am assuming?, 727 area code number) saying that EAP won't be available for a "few weeks", and asked if I still wanted delivery. I was frustrated with waiting and took the delivery. Before I scheduled delivery in the app, they had me accept a 20-page-long legal document saying that I am ok with EAP not being active. Little did I know that it won't even beep when I am parking in the garage!
Next, I noticed that the passenger side falcon door does not open all the way because it senses ghosts. That led me to my first service appointment. Turns out the sensor connections were loose and was told it was an easy fix and all is good to go!
A couple of days later, a strange sort of noise/squeaking started in the 2nd-row area. I couldn't figure out what it was and ended up having to schedule the next appointment, another week later! SC "inspected and tested the car and found it working as designed".
A couple of days later, while cleaning the car, I discovered that the interior trim was coming off at multiple places in the 2nd-row area. As you can see in the image below!

I scheduled another appointment, the first available one being in 10 days. I wait patiently. 2 days before the appointment, a message in the app asks to provide pictures of the troubled area. I sent the pictures. "Thank you, we will prepare for the fix". An hour later I see an email, "Your appointment has been rescheduled". And it was one later than the initially scheduled date, without asking me if I was able at that time or date.
I find myself driving a 120K car that squeaks like the joints of a 150-year-old lady, that lacks basic functionality that a 20K priced car would have had (parking sensors).

BUT, I am lucky that the service center is 3 miles from my house!

With the number of complaints regarding lack of quality control in brand new cars and "don't care" attitude of service centers, I wonder how will it take for us to get together and hold Tesla responsible!

20230405_073039.jpg

It looks Tesla is now aware of how Tesla Vision has affected Model X's doors:

That just sounds like a canned default response from service for basically any issue to get people out of their hair. Just wait for a software update to fix it.

I wouldn’t take that to mean any meaningful fix is coming anytime soon, if at all.

Reactions: rpo and StevenSD