Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to give a shout out to John Krumdick at USAlliance. He just helped me out with the financing of my P85. He was literally there for me every step of the way and went above and beyond the call. I had a bunch of stuff we had to figure out between dumping my current lease and other things. He was able to find a way to make things work. If you're looking for financing, do yourself a favor and get in touch with John.

His email is: [email protected]

I'm exploring financing options to buy a P85+.

But I will probably move back to Europe in 1-3 years and would then need to resell the Model S and reimburse the loan. I have 2 questions:
- Is there any penalties for reimbursing a loan before the term?
- Am I still eligible for the federal incentive?

I'm exploring financing options to buy a P85+.

But I will probably move back to Europe in 1-3 years and would then need to resell the Model S and reimburse the loan. I have 2 questions:
- Is there any penalties for reimbursing a loan before the term?
- Am I still eligible for the federal incentive?

1. Depends on the lender, I've only financed through credit unions and never had any penalties for early repayment.
2. Yes, owning the car through the calendar year that you claim the tax credit will be fine.

As I want the resale guaranty on my new S85D, my only financing option is Technology Credit Union (apparently Tesla can't provide their standard financing in CT anymore, despite the fact that I got Tesla/Wells financing 2 years ago on my first Model S). They quoted me 2.99%/66 months for 85% financing (~$82k).

FYI, Energy Federal Credit Union just quoted me 1.43% with excellent credit and a hypothetical amount of $50k. Agent said it didn't matter the amount and that they used to get 1.11% last year but it's 1.43% now.

FYI, DCU just quoted me 1.24% assuming the direct deposit discount of .5%.

Last edited:
FYI, Energy Federal Credit Union just quoted me 1.43% with excellent credit and a hypothetical amount of $50k. Agent said it didn't matter the amount and that they used to get 1.11% last year but it's 1.43% now.

FYI, DCU just quoted me 1.24% assuming the direct deposit discount of .5%.

I believe with DCU, the 1.24% is good for up to 65 months, and up to $75K. Beyond $75K, the amount financed is limited to a percentage of your income.

I have been approved for 1.49% for 65 months from Digital Federal Credit Union. They require direct deposit for that rate. The next best I found was 1.83 via Energy Credit Union (60 month term), then 1.99 locally (any term up to 72 months).