Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2018.42.4 ccb9715

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received update from 42.2 to 42.4 as well just after 2 days. The upgrade to v9 has definately changed my regen braking so that it’s less aggressive and smoother. Toggling from standard to low didn’t help reset anything. I actually like the aggressive regen and want it back. Oh wells.

Acceleration on my P3D- seems a bit throttled back as well? Maybe I’m just use to the car now but it doesn’t have that extra punch like version 8 did? Anyone else agree? I’m hoping it’s just me.

My autopilot was literally jerking me into oncoming traffic on highways while on 42.2. I know that is the proper place to use it, but I think that was a glitch worth fixing.
Also, with 42.2, I had two situations where I had no sound and no touch response on the screen.

I’m really glad they sent the update tonight, updating now. 42.2 wasn’t good to me.

I had my my left headlight replaced yesterday and its new blinker was blinking quite rapidly. It was also making a very loud whining noise. The technician pushed the the upgrade (42.2.2 ) a few times, but the re-installations and calibration didn’t fix the issues. I even got the warning to upgrade/ contact customer service later in the day.

I just got a notification to upgrade and ran it. It looks like 42.2.4 fixed all my 3 issues. Blinker appeared normal. The noise went away. The warning message to upgrade went away as well.

I just got a notification to upgrade and ran it. It looks like 42.2.4 fixed all my 3 issues. Blinker appeared normal. The noise went away. The warning message to upgrade went away as well.

Hmm. That's interesting. The whining I assume would have been coming from a voltage regulator misbehaving somewhere, either in the light assembly itself, or somewhere upstream causing the one in the light assembly to be operating out of its normal range. I suppose it could also have been the LEDs themselves, but you're really have to over drive them to cause them to loudly whine. The blinker blinking rapidly sort of goes along with my first thought about a voltage regulator not operating properly because in most vehicles (even ICE ones), the blinker will blink rapidly to tell you something's wrong.

The fact that a software upgrade seems to have fixed this for you is pretty wild. Maybe cycling the high voltage contactors and the 12v system fixed whatever the problem was? Or maybe a firmware update for the voltage regulators brought things back into their nominal ranges. Whatever the case, the fact that .4 came out so quickly after .2, and especially so quickly after .3, it would seem to me that Tesla started noticing problems and worked on fixes immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Woke up to the 3 saying it had an update (notification) from last night. Went to the app, and it’s gone. WTF... no idea if this was 3 or 4 since we still have no idea what we’re getting until after the fact (still a first in the software world, I believe! :) ).

Anyone else have this happen? Got 42.2 a few days ago, no issues I’m aware of. GF’s daily driver and we’re going to test NoA this weekend.

My autopilot was literally jerking me into oncoming traffic on highways while on 42.2. I know that is the proper place to use it, but I think that was a glitch worth fixing.
Also, with 42.2, I had two situations where I had no sound and no touch response on the screen.

I’m really glad they sent the update tonight, updating now. 42.2 wasn’t good to me.
I'm curious about not having sound. Twice last night (while on 2018.42.2), my audio stopped working in my 3. No music, blinker tick, Autopilot sounds, etc. Restarting the computer didn't fix it, only powering the car off and back on would bring back audio. Touch screen worked the whole time for me though.

I emailed my local service center to get into the support queue as soon as possiblein case this is hardware related, but I'm really hoping it was just a bug in 42.2.

I had my my left headlight replaced yesterday and its new blinker was blinking quite rapidly. It was also making a very loud whining noise. The technician pushed the the upgrade (42.2.2 ) a few times, but the re-installations and calibration didn’t fix the issues. I even got the warning to upgrade/ contact customer service later in the day.

Replacing headlights requires a push/repush to reset the indicator speed

Just got 42.4. It was stuck in “software updating” for several hours apparently at least on the app. Never got a software update complete alert. Went to the car and screen was black. After rebooting it said software update complete, and it was “checking status” or something like that. The message then disappears and that was it. Seems fine now. Strangest update I’ve ever seen.

Woke up to the 3 saying it had an update (notification) from last night. Went to the app, and it’s gone. WTF... no idea if this was 3 or 4 since we still have no idea what we’re getting until after the fact (still a first in the software world, I believe! :) ).

Anyone else have this happen? Got 42.2 a few days ago, no issues I’m aware of. GF’s daily driver and we’re going to test NoA this weekend.
Same with me. Got notification. But notice went away. Just went to car to push update but no update screen on car. Screen did go black for a couple of seconds like poster below. Still on 42.2.

I'm curious about not having sound. Twice last night (while on 2018.42.2), my audio stopped working in my 3. No music, blinker tick, Autopilot sounds, etc. Restarting the computer didn't fix it, only powering the car off and back on would bring back audio. Touch screen worked the whole time for me though.

I emailed my local service center to get into the support queue as soon as possiblein case this is hardware related, but I'm really hoping it was just a bug in 42.2.
This sounds almost identical to what I was having. I wasn’t able to choose music, the touch screen was unresponsive. Other things were working. I think it was just a bug. If not, we both have the same hardware issue

Same with me. Got notification. But notice went away. Just went to car to push update but no update screen on car. Screen did go black for a couple of seconds like poster below. Still on 42.2.
Happened to me as well. Went to the app and saw the update notice that it was available, then it was gone. Saw on another thread, people were having problems with 42.4 failing and triggering a call to support. Kind of cool they were able to pull 42.4 back. Guess we will see a 42.5 soon.

I have 42.4 installed successfully, but now am wondering why they pulled it. Major bug or install failure options?

I guarantee you it was due to the large percentage of failed installs. I updated my 3 to 2018.42.4 last night as well but haven’t gone to it yet to check if I have any warning messages on the screen. The app shows the new version number though. Hopefully my 3 didn’t run into any install problems...

• Informative
Reactions: Frunkenstein
I guarantee you it was due to the large percentage of failed installs. I updated my 3 to 2018.42.4 last night as well but haven’t gone to it yet to check if I have any warning messages on the screen. The app shows the new version number though. Hopefully my 3 didn’t run into any install problems...

Fingers crossed! I just got back from a short drive this morning. No error messages, and nothing noticable yet. Sucks for all those that got failure messages. I wonder if it is a particular build? I have a M3D with EAP for what it's worth and it's okay so far.

Just installed last night without problem (was on 42.2 which just happened 2 days ago). Did an Install Now, not scheduled. After reading thread about alerts went to check and everything seems like a normal upgrade. My Tesla Screen looks fine, read release notes. Haven't taken it out yet this morning however.