Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2018.42.4 ccb9715

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing new in the release notes.

IMG_20181102_172239.jpg IMG_20181102_172302.jpg

I just updated my car to 2018.42.4 ccb9715. After Installing the update I received the Teslafi notification that 42.4 softrware version is detected on a Tesla Model 3 in Canada. Looks like Teslafi was a little behind in sending the notification.

I also just went from 42.2 to 42.4. My guess here, based on the 3 minutes I just sat in my car after the update, is that there were some bugfixes applied. My automatic wipers have been going pretty crazy lately, which has been annoying. After the update, they're not longer turning on inside my garage at maximum speed when set to "auto".

It will be interesting to see what people find has changed. I didn't notice anything in the menus, but I haven't really been looking at anything other than settings. So it's possible something subtle changed and I didn't notice.

Frunkenstein just notified me that a software update is available! Was at 42.2 prior to update. Maybe some EAP updates after the Nav release? I know mine needs some updating as it just can't handle the off ramps with 2 exit lanes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181102-211543_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20181102-211543_Tesla.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 246
I noticed two fixes coming from 42.2. The climate control card shows the correct interior assets for the M3 Premium Interior. Previously the steering wheel had a manual adjustment lever in the image. Also they fixed the touch target for the close "X" button on app windows. In 42.2 it would overlap the back button in the browser app and you couldn't go back without closing the window.

Reactions: DR61
I also just went from 42.2 to 42.4. My guess here, based on the 3 minutes I just sat in my car after the update, is that there were some bugfixes applied.
I just got 42.4. When the version release notes are the same as the previous version you know that the new version contains bug fixes and not significant new features.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Same experience getting 2018.42.2 earlier this week and now 2018.42.4. Definitely helps to park the car in WiFi range. Why can’t Tesla be more transparent about each release even if it’s as short as “bug fixes”??

I also just installed 42.4 after receiving 42.2 two days ago.

I was having issues with the camera calibrations being stuck between 95-97% after driving 60+ miles the last two days. Going to drive tomorrow to see if they will reach 100% and enable NOA.

Do let us know I'm having the same experience on our S on 42.2 and 42.3 we got on our 3 was instantly calibrated.

Reactions: Robert831