Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received v4.4 (1.31.11) today sometime around 2:30 PM PST. No changes pointed out in release notes aside from scheduled charging. Mirror tilt isn't available still for me. As I sit here in the car typing this, the handles presented and retracted several times separated by a couple minutes.

IMG_0388.jpg
IMG_0389.jpg
IMG_0390.jpg

Auto tilt is set on the Settings screen. Only the right side mirror auto-tilts, if engaged, unlike some other makes where both side mirrors tilt downward when in reverse.

Both mirrors auto-tilt on mine. They did in 4.2, no change in 4.3, don't have 4.4. You need to set the mirror that's not tilting when you are in reverse. Some folks have reported that the tilt goes away sometimes. (I never had this happen to me, only read about it.)

Both mirrors auto-tilt on mine. They did in 4.2, no change in 4.3, don't have 4.4. You need to set the mirror that's not tilting when you are in reverse. Some folks have reported that the tilt goes away sometimes. (I never had this happen to me, only read about it.)

I never really cared for auto-tilt mirrors (had them on my past two cars) and found another reason this past week that made me glad I didn't have them turned on: We had heavy freezing rain, and my mirrors both had about 1/4" of ice on them. One thing that does work well is the heated mirror feature. I turned on the rear defroster and the mirrors melted all the ice off in no time. Problem is, the water ran down and into the housing, then re-froze solid. I had giant icicles hanging down from them. There's no way the glass was going to budge, and I think if they had tried to "auto tilt" when I backed out, it wouldn't have been good for the motors and mechanism in there.

I never really cared for auto-tilt mirrors (had them on my past two cars) and found another reason this past week that made me glad I didn't have them turned on: We had heavy freezing rain, and my mirrors both had about 1/4" of ice on them. One thing that does work well is the heated mirror feature. I turned on the rear defroster and the mirrors melted all the ice off in no time. Problem is, the water ran down and into the housing, then re-froze solid. I had giant icicles hanging down from them. There's no way the glass was going to budge, and I think if they had tried to "auto tilt" when I backed out, it wouldn't have been good for the motors and mechanism in there.

That's a design flaw. Next time take a pic and report it.

That's a design flaw. Next time take a pic and report it.

I don't really think it's a design flaw. The melted ice had to go somewhere and re-freeze. I have had this experience with heated mirrors and heated glass, for that matter, on many cars. A bigger design "deficiency" in my mind is how the wipers can't be lifted off the glass due to the way they tuck under the hood. When that area gets jammed up with snow/ice, it's a pain to get it cleared out.