Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dl'd 4.4 (1.31.11) yesterday and installed issue free in afternoon.

seems very stable so far (couple outings), and two things i've noticed since:

- prior to this (4.3, 4.2 and maybe 4.1 as well, not sure) if i unlocked handsfree, opened door and sat down, the car would wake up when i opened the door but then go back to sleep when i sat and closed the door, and i'd have to step on brake to start the car to wake it. (i don't think it always did this.. cause it doesn't seem right and i remember starting to notice it at some point in the last couple months..) now, however, it is back to staying awake even after door close and no need to step on brake to wake it, only to start it, as it is supposed to work.

- also, manual suspension height adjustments seem to complete faster than before, although i could be imagining... :)

fwiw.

Last edited:
Got the alarm clock yesterday, was expecting 4.4, updated and, when I got to car today, it said 4.5!

Haven't had a chance to screen print change log yet, but here's what I like about it:

* All known bugs fixed, at least all I could find
* Range seems to be up quite a bit. I drove 100 miles on a normal charge, and still had 210 remaining.
* The ejector seat function is really cool. My friend wouldn't stop talking, so I pressed it... the pano roof opened and he went flying out. hahahahaha.
* I also really like the hovercraft option. When rush hour traffic got too bad, I pressed it (right beyond "jack" on suspension height) and was able to rise above the traffic. Seems to use a lot of battery though.

Then I woke up to realize: I only had 4.4. Shucks

I've been on 4.4 for over a week now, and no bugs at all (none on 4.2 either--i jumped from 4.2 to 4.4).

-Has anyone been able to check 120 kW supercharging?

-I've noticed the pano roof opens much faster after you set the open command from the steering wheel control.
-I've noticed that when switching off navigation, the
side of the dash LCD does NOT return to previous setting (it goes blank for me and I have to set it back to Trip or whichever I had it on before)

- - - Updated - - -

oh also, can anyone with a current meter check if the vampire draw is reduced? on 4.2 it was ridiculously high! ~30 kWh for me, over a month​

I do the same drive every day. I start charging at 9:30 and it usually finshes around 1 am with a slow charge. When I leave in the morning I used to have about 236 miles. This am after 4.4 update I left with 241. I believe the Vampire load has been cured or at least made much better.

I see the same behavior. If that was the way it was before 4.4 then nothing is fixed. I thought the screen was always blanked regardless of whether the car was turned off en-route. In that case it's still only half fixed in my mind. Either way, it NOT entirely fixed as I had reported before.

That's exactly the behavior it's always had. It sounds like nothing's changed. I generally hit it when I park at my destination and it wants me to drive into the lobby or something to end the route.

I do the same drive every day. I start charging at 9:30 and it usually finshes around 1 am with a slow charge. When I leave in the morning I used to have about 236 miles. This am after 4.4 update I left with 241. I believe the Vampire load has been cured or at least made much better.

All -

In my 10-12 hour overnight period, I used to "loose" about 15 miles in that period of time. Now its down to a pretty consistent 5 miles "lost" for the same period...!

Aaron

Installed v4.4 (1.31.11) last night but got the message that it had failed to install completely and that I would get a new reminder. However, the handle/locking problem (security module version mis-match) that I had with the v4.3 update came back again; last time around it needed the Service Tech to flash the security module. The temporary fix is to turn off the auto-present and walk-away-lock features but as usual Tampa SC Manager Mark jumped on it and there will be a tech dropping by to take care of it tomorrow morning.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366238476.323203.jpg

Pre update

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366238571.461636.jpg

After 4.4

Compare the bottom right corner

Something new for me is that every time I do a full standard charge over night it wipes out my media settings.

After the initial upload it had cleared my media settings.

But now, every time I do a standard charge overnight, my media settings get wiped out.

By wiped out, I mean it doesn't remember my last settings, I.e. slacker stations and doesn't play anything.

Weird.

Installed v4.4 (1.31.11) last night but got the message that it had failed to install completely and that I would get a new reminder. However, the handle/locking problem (security module version mis-match) that I had with the v4.3 update came back again; last time around it needed the Service Tech to flash the security module. The temporary fix is to turn off the auto-present and walk-away-lock features but as usual Tampa SC Manager Mark jumped on it and there will be a tech dropping by to take care of it tomorrow morning.

Nigel, are you 'condemned' to go through this routine with every update from hereon? What is it about your car that causes this? Wonder if Tesla tried to dig deeper when you experienced this with 4.3...