Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the iOS or Android app with 4.5? I wonder if standard and max charging are still present on the app (I bet they are until the app gets updated)...if so, does choosing standard on the app affect the slider in the car? if so, what percent gets chosen?

My guess would be that it sets to 93% since that's what it does today when you send commands using the API that is under the covers of all the phone apps. It's similar to the sunroof control that on the current phone app only opens to "vent" which is 6% even though with some programming you can get the sun roof to open to any percentage amount.

Anyone know why 4.5 isn't being rolled out? If it's already in multiple production cars, you'd think they could start rolling it out to the masses.
I'm betting it won't be rolled out until the Supercharger announcement is made (if ever!) Seems like the emphasis on this update is on incorporating the Supercharger network into the map/trip planning systems.

I started my P85 this afternoon and it wanted to do a software update. I picked up my car last week 5-16-13 and it already had 4.5 version installed. I wonder what this update is all about. I said it will take 45 minutes to install/update.

Me too. This thread may already be obsolete. Picked up our 40 last Friday with 4.5. Today I already have an update alert. I'm gonna hold off until I read what this update is about and what new problems it causes.

Done with the update! Yep, it's 4.5 (1.33.43)... so they have indeed started pushing out 4.5.

All looks to be as other folks have reported. Interesting to see on the map all the places we've charged since we got the car.

I set it to charge to 60%. Now that I'm actually setting that %, it seems kind of weird to charge only that much.

Done with the update! Yep, it's 4.5 (1.33.43)... so they have indeed started pushing out 4.5.

All looks to be as other folks have reported. Interesting to see on the map all the places we've charged since we got the car.

I set it to charge to 60%. Now that I'm actually setting that %, it seems kind of weird to charge only that much.

Wait... you just got the update, yet it knew all the places you charged prior to the update? So it's been tracking all along?

If so.. interesting...