Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again this looks like a slooooow rollout. And once again "get it earlier with Wi-Fi" doesn't seem to be true.
But hey, maybe the firmware team is more focused on 6.0 which I am much more interested in than 5.11 (still don't understand why this wasn't just another 5.9 build)

Once again this looks like a slooooow rollout. And once again "get it earlier with Wi-Fi" doesn't seem to be true.
But hey, maybe the firmware team is more focused on 6.0 which I am much more interested in than 5.11 (still don't understand why this wasn't just another 5.9 build)
+1

As of this morning I'm still on 5.9 (.109) with WiFi on everyday. Not that interested on 5.11 but definitely v6.0

Today, in the (0.56) version of 5.11, I encountered the "missing blue route line on the touchscreen when navigating" bug. The Navigon display on the dashboard display was fine, but the Google map was missing the route line. I cancelled navigation, reselected my destination from the "Places" menu, and all was well.

So, on the negative side, that bug is still there in the latest. On the bright side, it's the only issue I've encountered in the latest version.

I too, have noticed the route line missing on mine. Not a super big deal as long as the route shows on the the smaller display. The cool thing is, I am so much less bothered by this knowing that as long as Tesla is aware I can be assured a fix will be applied. All I have to do is wait for it. I won't even have to take the car anywhere to get it fixed.

I too, have noticed the route line missing on mine. Not a super big deal as long as the route shows on the the smaller display. The cool thing is, I am so much less bothered by this knowing that as long as Tesla is aware I can be assured a fix will be applied. All I have to do is wait for it. I won't even have to take the car anywhere to get it fixed.

If they could make that bug permanent, I would consider it a feature. I hate that blue line obscuring my traffic.

I am not sure what firmware I had before today, but my car is only 3 weeks old - according to the notes during my service visit today, it said they updated to the latest firmware. I am not sure if this is a new feature or just something I never noticed, but a "Sync Temps" button now appears when changing the temperatures on the touchscreen. Is this new? It looks like I am now on 1.59.56

photo 1-1.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 457
Used nav for the first time since 5.11 and found out very quickly that I missed not having the routing on the main screen. I realize now that I was using it exclusively and not really using the smaller left side nav screen. Put me down for a vote to bring that back or be able to be toggled on or off. It was also the first time that the nav has ever given me a bad routing. It thought a store was accessed from an highway.

Used nav for the first time since 5.11 and found out very quickly that I missed not having the routing on the main screen. I realize now that I was using it exclusively and not really using the smaller left side nav screen. Put me down for a vote to bring that back or be able to be toggled on or off. It was also the first time that the nav has ever given me a bad routing. It thought a store was accessed from an highway.
It is my understanding that it is a bug not an intentional feature change. It is also my understanding that rebooting the 17" display might restore the fucntionality (until the next recurrence of the bug).

Please report it to [email protected] if the condition persists (or even if it doesn't and you just feel like making sure they know).

Cheers.

It is my understanding that it is a bug not an intentional feature change. It is also my understanding that rebooting the 17" display might restore the fucntionality (until the next recurrence of the bug).

Please report it to [email protected] if the condition persists (or even if it doesn't and you just feel like making sure they know).

Cheers.

No need to reboot that I've found. All I do is cancel navigation, then select the destination again and the route will show up.

1. Fan speed no longer goes to 11 (was this changed in a previous release?)
2. There is NO WARNING when the rear hatch is open and you place it in Drive. This is especially a pain in the ass if you load your kids in the rear facing seats.
3. Visited charging sites are no longer being placed on the map.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to 6.0. Some of the new features coming are pretty damn cool.