Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has decreased from 9 miles/24 hours to 7 miles/24 hours loss in sleep mode.

This surprises me. While I do not doubt your findings I would say that my change was much better than yours. Before Power Management: lost 7-10 miles im 24 hours. Now about 3 miles. I have had the 5.X series for enough time to be confident in these findings.

With new firmware, tunein appear to be changed.

On some stations that has high bit rates, Tesla now says I need to use WiFi to connect for those stations. I also have stations that worked ok no longer working under 5.6 giving me something like 'unable to play' error.

Lost 12 miles from 6pm to 7am this morning :-( It's 40 degrees outside now.

I do have sleep mode turned on.

Will try moving the key fob further away tonight and see if it has any effect.

Aaron

PS - I have the delayed lock/engage on the charge cable as well....

Left my 60 unplugged last night. When I came out to it this morning, it awoke from deep sleep. The results are excellent! Took an app screenshot at 19:35 with 124 miles remaining. This morning at 7:05, 122 miles remaining!

2 miles eaten in 11 1/2 hours. That's a lot better!

I'm still unsure how soon sleep triggers, and whether deep sleep happens if the change cable is connected.

edit: temp would likely in the 60s/70s, garaged.

Left my 60 unplugged last night. When I came out to it this morning, it awoke from deep sleep. The results are excellent! Took an app screenshot at 19:35 with 124 miles remaining. This morning at 7:05, 122 miles remaining!

2 miles eaten in 11 1/2 hours. That's a lot better!

I'm still unsure how soon sleep triggers, and whether deep sleep happens if the change cable is connected.

edit: temp would likely in the 60s/70s, garaged.

Deep sleep occurs after 15 minutes of no 'contact'. The car will wake at times to check/charge 12v battery. It can go into deep sleep with battery cable attached once it has reached your set charge level.

Deep sleep occurs after 15 minutes of no 'contact'. The car will wake at times to check/charge 12v battery. It can go into deep sleep with battery cable attached once it has reached your set charge level.

Does it sleep when plugged in until charging start if delayed charging is set?

That is probably the a very common senario for many people: plug in when you get home, but charge in the middle of the night for off peak rates (or just being nice to the grid.)

I would be unfortunate if it vampired electricity from 6:30 until Midnight every day, just because I plugged in.

That is probably the a very common senario for many people: plug in when you get home, but charge in the middle of the night for off peak rates (or just being nice to the grid.)

I would be unfortunate if it vampired electricity from 6:30 until Midnight every day, just because I plugged in.

My experience is that when it is waiting to charge (you have set a time later in the day) or when finished charging, it will definitely go into deep sleep mode.

There seems to be a wide variety of early experiences with the amount of vampire loss in sleep mode. Mine supports 2-4 miles lost in 24 hours. A very good result with the 5.x firmware. I believe that delay in getting it out to everyone is TM doing the right thing. Listening to feedback from the beta testers and forums like this....especially when it came to having a choice in the power management between deep sleep/slow wakeup or old 4.5 vampire drain and quick wake up modes.

Good to hear. What kind of vampire loss are you seeing overnight in light of 5.6?
We have gone from 4-5 miles of loss between charge complete and leaving for work (usually ~6 hours) to 1 mile of loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it will sleep until your charge timer is set, as long as the fobs are far enough away :)

I've been looking forward to 5.6 until reading this thread. I have been on 5.0 since getting my vehicle, and my average range loss is anywhere from 1 to 2 miles in a 24 hour period (garaged at 70°). I would have thought that sleep mode on in 5.6 would = 5.0 sleep mode standard. I'll end up with 5.6 anyway this week when I bring in my car to the SC this week (they promised me to install it then). I'll update this thread when I can make a comparison.

I've been looking forward to 5.6 until reading this thread. I have been on 5.0 since getting my vehicle, and my average range loss is anywhere from 1 to 2 miles in a 24 hour period (garaged at 70°). I would have thought that sleep mode on in 5.6 would = 5.0 sleep mode standard. I'll end up with 5.6 anyway this week when I bring in my car to the SC this week (they promised me to install it then). I'll update this thread when I can make a comparison.

You will not see any difference in vampire loss if you use the sleep mode but you will have the ability to choose what power management mode you want to use.

You will not see any difference in vampire loss if you use the sleep mode but you will have the ability to choose what power management mode you want to use.
That's what I assumed. It just seems that the reports here show significant more loss in sleep mode with 5.6, then I am getting with 5.0. I hope your are correct. We'll see.