Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice that with 5.6 the red part of the compass arrow points to the exact opposite of where it should (in other words, if you're going due south, the red part of the pointer points north). Does this get fixed in 5.8?

I'm not following why this is a problem. The red part of the compass arrow will always point towards North, just like on a real compass.

I mean that after installing 5.8 this morning, my girlfriend and I couldn't set two different temps on the way home from lunch.. I noticed that the car also seemed to think it still had an update to install, so I let it install the update (turns out it was 5.8 again, same version too) but now I have dual climate again... weird.

there's two versions of v5.8 that rolled out. v5.8.22 and v5.8.24. perhaps this was the bug that they had to push out a quick fix for.

Ah-hah so maybe it wasn't just me. Something's definitely different about standard regen. I wish they would revert whatever change they made.

yea I think I observed this too. but I don't think regen is 'reduced' at all. I just think the initial regen when you let off the pedal is a bit more gradual into the full regen instead of that hard pullback. you still get the full regen effect though. previously regen felt like you were brake checking someone as soon as you let go. now it feels more gradual and will probably make passengers less car sick. It feels more natural, so I like it.

I got two installs too of 5.8, 1.49.24 (posted up thread). The second install fixed a different minor bug (of displaying an incorrect image of the car in the About dialog).

can you detail further? What was the image bug? Does the about screen now show brake lights again?

Very happy this morning. Only lost 1 mile overnight with 5.8. Did not wake the car up at all, and when I went out it only took a few seconds for the center screen to wake up and be ready to drive.

Interesting as my center screen was on instantly this morning but It took a few seconds for the instrument screen to wake up. I lost 5 miles overnight on 5.8. P85. Wondering why there is different behavior regarding screen wake up sequence

Passenger Side Mute Button - Anybody else wish there was a passenger side mute button, in the bottom right of the screen? (maybe there is one and I just don't know about it). The scenario is driving along with tunes going and the kids in the back start trying to talk to your passenger (ie, wife/husband) and they want to quickly mute the music. Right now they either have to ask you to mute on the steering wheel, or they have to quickly turn down the sound in the bottom right of the screen. Anyone else?

Passenger Side Mute Button - Anybody else wish there was a passenger side mute button, in the bottom right of the screen? (maybe there is one and I just don't know about it). The scenario is driving along with tunes going and the kids in the back start trying to talk to your passenger (ie, wife/husband) and they want to quickly mute the music. Right now they either have to ask you to mute on the steering wheel, or they have to quickly turn down the sound in the bottom right of the screen. Anyone else?

I'd like a way to mute the passengers

Updated to 5.8 Saturday. This AM, handles extended, front passenger door would not open. Had to open and then close drivers door. Then passenger door responded. Returned home, placed tranny in Park, driver rear door popped open. Never had these problems before.

yea I think I observed this too. but I don't think regen is 'reduced' at all. I just think the initial regen when you let off the pedal is a bit more gradual into the full regen instead of that hard pullback. you still get the full regen effect though. previously regen felt like you were brake checking someone as soon as you let go. now it feels more gradual and will probably make passengers less car sick. It feels more natural, so I like it.

It's kind of funny, I didn't notice any difference but then I always let off the accelerator slowly in order to get a smooth transition from acceleration to braking (regen). When I read about this from posts here, I tried it and found that it mimics pretty closely what I do naturally.