Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having repeated problems with my 3G connection dropping out. Google maps of course is lost as is nav during these times. I have rebooted the screen each time and things seem to return to normal eventually. The problem is not a weak 3G signal as I am in strong signal zones when it happens. Not sure if it is a 6 problem (I am on the latest version) or something else. If it persists, I'll ask Tesla to take a look on my next visit.

This is a known bug in V6.0 (.15). Many of us also can't use our USB audio files - causes a crash every time. Connectivity is lost and takes a few minutes to restore, even after reboot.

I have been told by two different SCs that Tesla is working on a fix for this problem.

My guess is that there is an address conflict in the use of the memory space. I suspect that V6.0 is using some of the solid space storage that originally was to be for us to store music files (never implemented), and which more recently we were told was being used to cache Google maps segments. If the directories for our USBs are also stored in that space, then there is a lot of stuff there, and it would be easy to see how there could be some conflicts.

FWIW, if there is any change it's very subtle and for me it only happens at the very end just before I put on the brakes to stop. It used to decelerate rapidly at that point and now it's smoother. from 60 to very slow doesn't seem to have changed (based on my test off-ramp)

Having repeated problems with my 3G connection dropping out. Google maps of course is lost as is nav during these times. I have rebooted the screen each time and things seem to return to normal eventually. The problem is not a weak 3G signal as I am in strong signal zones when it happens. Not sure if it is a 6 problem (I am on the latest version) or something else. If it persists, I'll ask Tesla to take a look on my next visit.

I had this exact problem today as I was shuttling David Suzuki around!

Definitely noticed a much smoother deceleration with regen when coming off of cruise control, which I thought was great! Before, the transition was so violent, even though you expected it - it didn't feel as natural as when taking your foot off the accelerator. That's probably do to the pedal actually having to recoil and controlling some of the deceleration there. Manually coming off the accelerator I did not notice any difference in regen though. Have had it for about a week or two.