Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand (perhaps) bug fixes not being in the release notes but for something like this they should let owners know of the change.

I'm really not sure they should. They make a lot of little changes like this and it really isn't something that's going to affect me in a major way. It's a self-explanatory protect function that tells you everything you need to know if you happen to try meet the criteria required for it to override your command. I don't really want to sift through these types of things when reading about the major new features.

This Nav update is stupid to the extreme in Berkeley, CA. It's now telling me to drive down minor streets that have stop signs almost every block and cross major streets where there is no traffic light. What the heck did they do to create this monster? If I followed the Nav directions, a 15 minute trip will take 20-25 minutes!!

Somewhere in the last three updates (6.0), my windows stopped going back up the half inch automatically when closing the door. Sometimes they roll down another inch and sit there. The behaviour is intermittent though. Anyone else see this?

Did you try rolling the windows all the way down and then back up? I remember this being discussed when cars first started being delivered.

Hey Olen, where does that happen? I drive on the E6 into Oslo, from the south, and none of that happens to me...

On my way out of Oslo, towards Sarpsborg, last Sunday morning, the car adviced me to exit E6 at Vinterbro just to re enter a few hundred meters ahead. There was no traffic at the time.

On RV7 between Hønefoss and Sokna it also suggest that I exit the highway, take a few km on the back roads and then get back on RV7. And this is not because of the new RV7 that opened this summer, because it happens long before I get to that new road.

These are just a few examples.

Also, try to navigate to the supercharger in Uddevalla. There again it will make a route that is almost 10 km longer. Exiting E6 way to early. Then going via the sweedish countryside instead of just following the motorway to the exit where the SC is located.

On my way out of Oslo, towards Sarpsborg, last Sunday morning, the car adviced me to exit E6 at Vinterbro just to re enter a few hundred meters ahead. There was no traffic at the time.

On RV7 between Hønefoss and Sokna it also suggest that I exit the highway, take a few km on the back roads and then get back on RV7. And this is not because of the new RV7 that opened this summer, because it happens long before I get to that new road.

Also, try to navigate to the supercharger in Uddevalla. There again it will make a route that is almost 10 km longer. Exiting E6 way to early. Then going via the sweedish countryside instead of just following the motorway to the exit where the SC is located.

I have not experienced so many errors, but I also have to say I usually don't use the NAV when I know how to go to places. I'll start using it on a daily basis for a few days, just to double check if it is working fine or not.

A few years ago, was driving a BMW in Germany. Did sort of the same thing. But discovered it was set for shortest route not fastest. It would take us off an exit, then back on (turns out that was a straighter/shorter route than staying on the curved overpass - even though less than 100 meters).

Therein lies the fault of "shortest" "fastest" "cheapest" assessments. We all make a more complex set of trade-offs when we choose a wrote. I'm interested in avoiding toll if it only takes a few minutes more, but not an extra hour. In and EV, I like a shorter route with slower average speeds, but not if it takes a great deal longer.The ideal wrote selector would allow the driver to balance the factors of distance, time, and cost. Currently even the best nav system only allows you to choose one of these three factors to dominate.

While periodically updating the ETA based on traffic conditions is an improvement over the pre 6.0 routing, I've found the new routing is more often recommending routes that don't make much sense - especially when I decide to ignore the recommended route.

The latest 6.0 release is an improvement in the navigation software, but except for significantly better displays on the dash and console displays, the functionality is still behind the LS 460 I purchased 8 years ago...

Fortunately, this can be improved through software updates - and hopefully Tesla will continue rolling out updates to the navigation software soon that will at least bring the Model S navigation up to the same level in other vehicles (even those at significantly lower price points) or in smart phones...

Here in Norway, it often tells me to exit highways, just to get back on them on the next entry. And it's not because of traffic. It even happens early Sunday morning, while I am almost alone on the road.

I've seen that happen when I have been on our major highway during rush hour. However, in my instance, I would agree with the NAV when I get it since with our highways are so congested it is probably quicker to exit, do a u turn, and reenter the highway.
-Having it happen to you with no traffic on the road is strange.

Strange behaviour with car alarm going off today. Pulled into the driveway opened garage door with homelink on touchscreen, got out and spent couple minutes in garage while my daughter got her stuff out of the car and closed doors. Came back to car (with key still in my pocket) and opened the passenger rear door and the car alarm went off for about 3 honks and then stopped??!! Whats with this? I'm on 67.43

I have also been having 3G connectivity issues but have not confirmed if .43 has fixed them.

Geez, I haven't had any issues w/ 6.0 except for traffic lines obscuring the map in night mode. It amazes me how there are such drastically different experiences for the same software running on largely the same hardware platform without the ability to modify system software.