Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, still some stuff missing but I am hopeful they will eventually add:
* Tire pressure of each tire displayed. (Something my Mom's 2012 Volt has)
* Energy meter that shows actual usage of the other stuff besides the traction motor. (Something our 2011 Leaf had)
* Valet mode with reduced power, top speed, no access to trunk/frunk or glove box, secured via PIN. (New Corvettes and others have this).

This by far looked like the best update pushed since I got my P85 last year... can't wait to see this one show up. (Nothing yet on the P85D or my fiance's P85)

+1 This is an awesome update - everything that 6.0 was hyped to be and more. Its kind of funny when you see the masses of posts we had working up to 6.0 followed by general disappointment. AFAIK most of us were caught by surprise with this update and it seems to have about 99% of the most common outstanding wish list items. It seems almost certain that a bunch of this should have been in 6.0 - maybe 6.0 laid some of the ground work for this via software re-architecture? Anyway, I've done my share of complaining as of late so: Bravo Tesla! Can't wait to see this when I get my new car.
Wonder if the range improvements are there? Presumably the release notes would have said.

I've upgraded to 6.1

I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control implementation. The combination of regen and instant power available on the Model S makes it extremely smooth. My previous car had it and it was "jerky" compared to this. I also love that it fully supports stop and go traffic. The minimum following distance is still a bit too far, it invites people to pull in front of you, but I assume that's just not going to change for safety concerns.

I wish the backup camera guides had some color to them - the white lines blend into certain driving surfaces a bit making them hard to see at times. But hey, at least we have them now!

I've switched to displaying battery capacity as a percentage vs. rated miles and like it better this way.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions out there if I can...

This could be in my head, but it feels like when cruise is disengaged with the break it does not immediately slow down like it did before. The TACC is awesome.

Yeah, on 6.0 this changed. Regen slowly ramps up when you disengage the cruise or lightly tap the brake now instead of immediately lunging into full regen. I prefer this to how it used to be.

*taps foot waitin on update....*

outrage.jpg

But seriously, this is an pretty comprehensive update.

For the car preparation feature, it'd be useful to have something to indicate how close it thinks it is to understanding the driver's schedule.

Memory settings for the passenger seat would also be nice.

Thank you TM!! 6.1 gives many people what they have been looking for (discussing) for quite some time. I believe the 'beta' people are discussing ONLY refers to the Smart Conditioning. Thus, in effect we are all beta testers. I am not sure how this feature will work though. How long will it take to learn your behavior? Will you have to turn on the ventilation system at precisely the same time every day (and for how many days) to get it to learn your behviour. Believe me, I am not complaining, it is a great feature.

As to the valet mode. I will wait for the 7.0. Wish it were here but it is tough to complain when so many other great features are present.

Thank you TM!! 6.1 gives many people what they have been looking for (discussing) for quite some time. I believe the 'beta' people are discussing ONLY refers to the Smart Conditioning. Thus, in effect we are all beta testers. I am not sure how this feature will work though. How long will it take to learn your behavior? Will you have to turn on the ventilation system at precisely the same time every day (and for how many days) to get it to learn your behviour. Believe me, I am not complaining, it is a great feature.

As to the valet mode. I will wait for the 7.0. Wish it were here but it is tough to complain when so many other great features are present.

You get the update already?