Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot!

Update done in p85d. Just over 2 hours and came back to find:

Oh ohhh....

Thankfully, leaving it alone another 10 mins, came back and found release notes updated - yay!

Mine had the same "update did not complete successfully" message when I first got in it this morning, but upon checking the software version it did show 6.1 and all the new features were available.

I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this before, but I noticed two main items in the Driver Assistance screen:

1. Cruise control (i): Overtake acceleration (ON/OFF)
2. Collision avoidance assist: Forward collision warning (off/late/medium/early)

IMG_6098.jpg

And when I tap the (i) next to cruise control, it shows this info box:

IMG_6099.jpg

I did try some overtake maneuvers on my way to work this morning while cruise control was on, but it didn't seem to really accelerate until after I had completed changing lanes. And yes, I did have my turn signal on (tried to just tap it so it blinks three times, or engage it fully so it stays blinking until I turn it off).

As for forward collision warning, I haven't noticed it come on yet but again I was mostly cruising so I'll try it this afternoon on my way home.

WAIT! You think its cold in Virginia??? I'm DEFINITELY not going out to the garage here in upstate NY!

I admit that I deserve that, but tonight I'll be in Milwaukee with temps of -7 and 20mph winds.

- - - Updated - - -

I did try some overtake maneuvers on my way to work this morning while cruise control was on, but it didn't seem to really accelerate until after I had completed changing lanes. And yes, I did have my turn signal on (tried to just tap it so it blinks three times, or engage it fully so it stays blinking until I turn it off).

Im not sure, but I think it works better at higher speeds. I've had it work sometimes and not others. I'm not 100% sure why.

Argh... I've been waiting for months for 6.0 and still haven't got it and now people have 6.1 already.... Grrrrrr..... I've been asking Tesla service why I've not had 6.0 pushed for 2 months already and they just give me a roundabout answer of rollout yada yada, but 4+ months of rollout???

Yeah I don't get this. How can there still be folks on 5.x? Assuming you have some sort of connectivity, then there is absolutely no excuse for Tesla not to be pushing 6.0, at a minimum, to all cars. If I were you, I'd escalate this to your regional service manager. I'd find it unacceptable.

Mine had the same "update did not complete successfully" message when I first got in it this morning, but upon checking the software version it did show 6.1 and all the new features were available.

I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this before, but I noticed two main items in the Driver Assistance screen:

1. Cruise control (i): Overtake acceleration (ON/OFF)
2. Collision avoidance assist: Forward collision warning (off/late/medium/early)

View attachment 68695

And when I tap the (i) next to cruise control, it shows this info box:

View attachment 68696

As for forward collision warning, I haven't noticed it come on yet but again I was mostly cruising so I'll try it this afternoon on my way home.
My speed up to pass feature works as soon as you put the signal on but only on the left signal. And remember it won't pass the set speed on the cruise. Meaning if you have it set for 70 and are going 50 it will work. 70 and 65 you won't see much effect.

I just realized that there seems to be no way to read the release notes after the first time it shows up. I quickly clicked the X to close the screen. If someone else with a p85d can get more screenshots of the specific things to autopilot and perhaps our D cars that would be great.

Would be nice if we could pull these up later.

Woot!

Update done in p85d. Just over 2 hours and came back to find:
View attachment 68646

I don't want to freak you out, but you should probably call the service center. When I had the update fail on my P85 it started causing all kinds of annoyance problems. :( Happened to me at 5.11 to 6.0. I had the 6.0 features, but things were a little wacky after a few days. Touchscreen not responding and hanging, even the speedo would freeze for a few seconds then pop back in place. The service center reset something remotely and it worked again...

Better have them check it out, at least remotely.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized that there seems to be no way to read the release notes after the first time it shows up. I quickly clicked the X to close the screen. If someone else with a p85d can get more screenshots of the specific things to autopilot and perhaps our D cars that would be great.

Click the T at the top center, then click release notes. :)

You can. Tap up on the top "T" and in that VIN/FW window you can tap on "release notes" and open them up again.

Interesting. But perhaps with the upcoming torque sleep giving you 10% back then the numbers will match? Or did you already account for that in your test?

Wasn't a very thorough test last night, just ~15 miles round trip. But, I didn't notice any difference.

However, if it helps by 10% then the estimate should be pretty close. Right now I'm not going to rely on it.

I punched in some destinations to the west (mountains) and it definitely takes elevation changes into account... but it definitely seems optimistic.

I think so, not too sure. At work now and didn't have a whole lot of time to read it over and try everything.

I am assuming this new TACC feature requires the "AutoPilot" install, correct? My older model won't have this new feature enabled, correct?

My Tesla Model S - P03288 - 2013 - Blue - Pano Roof - 21" Wheels - Tan Interior - Purchased Used w/7,000 Miles - 01/02/15

Has anyone noticed the charge port is slow to open after the 6.1 update when using the UMC? I use to be able to just press the umc button once and boom it was open, now I have to hold it for 5 seconds then wave it around to get the door to open. I have rebooted my screens and still the same results. The has happened only twice however seems to have happened immediately after the update.

+1. I'd prefer a scheduling option.

Yeah, I wont be using the "smart" precondition stuff because my schedule varies. I actually was using Visible Tesla to do so until it stopped working not long ago. :(

I hope they do add in a schedule feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed the charge port is slow to open after the 6.1 update when using the UMC? I use to be able to just press the umc button once and boom it was open, now I have to hold it for 5 seconds then wave it around to get the door to open. I have rebooted my screens and still the same results. The has happened only twice however seems to have happened immediately after the update.

Hmm... not on the P85D for sure. Opened right up with the 120V UMC last night.

My fiance's P85 has had a stubborn charge port for a while, though. Usually takes a few seconds with the HPWC button to get it to open. My P85 usually opened quickly in comparison. In fact, when she would be trying to open hers, my P85 would open on the other side of the garage. lol.