Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85D is updating now. Actually had the notification on my iphone at 1130pm last night but didn't see it for some reason (yes, notifications were on). Anyway, it's nice being near the front of the line for updates this time. In the past, my late 2013 P85 seemed to get updates later rather than earlier.

Had the car on my home wifi as soon as I got home last night from work, 15 hours later - still no update. No notification on my app either. Software update is checked in the app. Just took delivery 4 weeks ago. S85 VIN61423 with Autopilot. C'mon..what gives?

Valet or something more?

I am very happy with all the new 6.1 features. I am also a HUGE advocate of valet/safe/restricted mode (whatever you want to call it). It exists in a rudimentary form already as the SCs can limit the speed by loaners to 80mph. For those that don't want the mode, no problem, you never have to use it. It would be accessed via a punch in code on the touch screen. Limits acceleration, top speed and could alert you by phone message that the car is a certain distance away from a point (ex: your home).

Sounds like a "let your teenager use it on prom night" mode

Loved the update! Took longer than 45 minutes for my new P85D, but its great, took more like 90 minutes. Love the parking lines, improvement in calendar, and the TACC i tested today. I was on a highway, set the cruise and followed someone off my exit. Never touched the brake and my car sped up and slowed down with traffic and then came to a stop at the end of the exit, behind a car in front of me. And the exit curved so all in all awesome. I like to have my car distance setting either at 3 or 4 as it felt too close and I was nervous it wouldnt work at 1 or 2 on the stalk. Again great update. Love that my car keeps getting better and better!

Had the car on my home wifi as soon as I got home last night from work, 15 hours later - still no update. No notification on my app either. Software update is checked in the app. Just took delivery 4 weeks ago. S85 VIN61423 with Autopilot. C'mon..what gives?

Past FW roll-outs have taken up to several weeks to reach everyone. Unfortunately there's no way for users to hurry up the process.

I know older cars won't be getting a lot of the new features since they lack the hardware but 'Smart Conditioning' would be helpful... tired of standing on the roof of my office on 20F mornings to get a cell signal so I can defrost my car after a long night shift :cursing:.

Anyone with an older car get the update yet?

Has anyone noticed the charge port is slow to open after the 6.1 update when using the UMC? I use to be able to just press the umc button once and boom it was open, now I have to hold it for 5 seconds then wave it around to get the door to open. I have rebooted my screens and still the same results. The has happened only twice however seems to have happened immediately after the update.

With my own sample size of 1, yes. I plugged my car in after work, for the first time after the 6.1 install, and had to press the button quite a few times before the charge port opened. I thought it was probably just a glitch, but it is a bit worrying if this happens to others as well..

Here are the v6.1 updates:
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control; Auto High Beam; Forward Collision Warning; Trip Energy Prediction; Energy Option for Battery Display; Smart Preconditioning; New Navigation View: Route Overview; Enhanced Park Assist View; Reverse Camera Guidelines; Calendar Enhancements; Media App Improvements; Simplified Right Steering Wheel Controls; Factory Reset; Additional Improvements.

Enjoy!