Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I nearly got sucked into this trap on my most recent update. I could have sworn that the hill hold improved, but now I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that generally they have issues with the energy savings mode right now. If I use it, the 3G takes a very long time to recover after waking up. I've been advised not to use it unless I don't care about waiting for 3G for 10 mins or so.

Just turn on stay connected. Energy mode on, stay connected. Uses very little energy and the car will stay on the network.

I noticed an interesting oddity this evening with .136. The other half drove the car for the first time and was so nervous, we put the car in Valet mode. The air suspension raised at the preprogrammed locations as expected. When we got home, while the Homelink menu did not automatically appear as usual, it turn green instead of white.

I noticed an interesting oddity this evening with .136. The other half drove the car for the first time and was so nervous, we put the car in Valet mode. The air suspension raised at the preprogrammed locations as expected. When we got home, while the Homelink menu did not automatically appear as usual, it turn green instead of white.

You mean you couldn't access homelink to open your garage in valet mode? Sounds like a feature, not a bug. Valet mode is meant to protect you, your car, and your privacy.

Yeah, that's not good.

Let's not go overboard. Are we getting concerned that a valet might pull into hundreds or thousands of random driveways looking for the icon to turn green?

If the valet finds out your address via other means, he's already got your address and the green icon doesn't help at all. If he doesn't already have your address, he'd have to pull into random driveways all over the world until he found yours.

I fail to see the security concern here.

Edit: By the way, this comment is not directed at Stoneymonster...just responding to the general idea that the icon turning green would be a concern.

Let's not go overboard. Are we getting concerned that a valet might pull into hundreds or thousands of random driveways looking for the icon to turn green?

If the valet finds out your address via other means, he's already got your address and the green icon doesn't help at all. If he doesn't already have your address, he'd have to pull into random driveways all over the world until he found yours.

Not really a security concern, IMO. Just interesting. :)

So... wheres 7.0....?

Edit: By the way, this comment is not directed at Stoneymonster...just responding to the general idea that the icon turning green would be a concern.

I agree it's not much of a security concern. But on the other hand there's just no reason that it shouldn't have also been disabled in valet mode. The fact that it wasn't is just another example of the software falling just a little short. Someone, somewhere, correctly identified the issue. The programmers were able to correctly prevent the Homelink options from displaying. How much harder would it have been to also have them not change color?

I agree it is not much of a security concern, it was just an interesting thing. I have not reported it to Tesla, but also agree with Andy that it should have simply been completely disabled in Valet mode, rather than masking the pop up display. As an Engineer, it just intrigues me as a band-aid more than a thorough decision. It works though, and I'm happy to have it.

Just turn on stay connected. Energy mode on, stay connected. Uses very little energy and the car will stay on the network.
Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tested this again to make sure but even with the stay connected box selected, the 3G becomes completely disconnected and when I resume driving the car it takes more than 10 minutes or so before the 3G becomes usable. I thi this is a known problem as I was advised not to use the energy mode in order to avoid this. Maybe this is an issue with the Canadian provider.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tested this again to make sure but even with the stay connected box selected, the 3G becomes completely disconnected and when I resume driving the car it takes more than 10 minutes or so before the 3G becomes usable. I thi this is a known problem as I was advised not to use the energy mode in order to avoid this. Maybe this is an issue with the Canadian provider.

My fiancé's P85 has been having a similar issue occasionally

I have no such issues located in DC metro. That's odd.

I was having a similar issue... last service call they did something (not sure what) and haven't had this issue (loss of 3G) since. I do have another new problem but it is unrelated :)

Did the non-AP cars get the same disabling of the cruise light on the stalk? I am still on .136 of 6.2 and my light turns on, but maybe that came out with a later point release.

My fiance's is still on that weird non 2.x.x revision of 6.2, and her cruise light still comes on. She has the stalks that are reversed of the P85D.

I agree it's not much of a security concern. But on the other hand there's just no reason that it shouldn't have also been disabled in valet mode. The fact that it wasn't is just another example of the software falling just a little short. Someone, somewhere, correctly identified the issue. The programmers were able to correctly prevent the Homelink options from displaying. How much harder would it have been to also have them not change color?

I agree it is a minor issue, but it is careless.