Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fiance's is still on that weird non 2.x.x revision of 6.2, and her cruise light still comes on. She has the stalks that are reversed of the P85D.

Yeah. A couple times I've changed my cruising speed when I meant to turn on my turn signals. That will take some getting used to. I wish I could get the stalks switched out to the newer versions, even though I know I won't have TACC. The layout just feels more natural to my others cars in the newer ones.

My "classic" P85+ is on 6.2-2.4.213, with the cruise stalk above the turn signal stalk (original stalk configuration), and the cruise light comes on as it always has.

Well darn. I was hoping the "cruise light no longer illuminates" was a change to all vehicles. Guess its AP-only. Not a big deal. I just never understood "master" cruise on/off in any car.

Well darn. I was hoping the "cruise light no longer illuminates" was a change to all vehicles. Guess its AP-only. Not a big deal. I just never understood "master" cruise on/off in any car.

Yeah, on modern vehicles there's not much real need to turn CC off, as opposed to just not setting it, that I can see.

Similar to digital media players doing away with separate Pause and Stop buttons... no longer any real need.

(There is the argument that Off or Stop removes any current state... but it takes no less kepypresses/actions to reset state either way)

If the firmware update allowed you to no longer turn CC off, that would be great... my wife does that and it gets me every time I drive after her. Or better yet, link CC last-known state to driver profile...

Well, my BMW M3 does not have an on/off capability on the cruise control. When I first start the car, the cruise is disabled. I can set the cruise speed at any time (above about 20mph), and then all cruise functions work as expected; increase, decrease, cancel, resume. One nice feature on the Beamer is that the increase or decrease double click sets the speed up or down to the nearest 5mph, unlike the Model S which increases or decreases the speed by 5mph from the current setting. As I drive at or near the speed limit most of the time, I like the way the Beamer is precise. Just my OCD...

True, but I would not be advocating removing whatever reminder (screen or stalk, depending on vehicle) is one when cruise control is engaged and "in control". One good thing about my last VW was that it was a hardware rocker switch w/o a light for the "master" on/off. I just left it on "on" the entire time I owned the car. A separate light would kick on when I engaged cruise control. But oh well, more important things in life to worry about.

One nice feature on the Beamer is that the increase or decrease double click sets the speed up or down to the nearest 5mph, unlike the Model S which increases or decreases the speed by 5mph from the current setting. As I drive at or near the speed limit most of the time, I like the way the Beamer is precise. Just my OCD...

This used to be true, but not anymore. If you set the cruise to 48mph for instance, then tap the "all up" position, it will go to 50mph, then 55mph. Didn't used to--but does now.

This used to be true, but not anymore. If you set the cruise to 48mph for instance, then tap the "all up" position, it will go to 50mph, then 55mph. Didn't used to--but does now.

Sadly, that is not the behavior on my car with .136 of 6.2. Did this change for a later point release of 6.2 or is that maybe a change for AP cars/cars with the newer stalks? Your sig makes me thing this would be on newer firmware, so I would hope I get this change too! :)

Sadly, that is not the behavior on my car with .136 of 6.2. Did this change for a later point release of 6.2 or is that maybe a change for AP cars/cars with the newer stalks? Your sig makes me thing this would be on newer firmware, so I would hope I get this change too! :)

I'm not sure when it changed...but I did notice it for the first time about 1.5 weeks ago. I'm almost positive it works that way now, and am absolutely positive that it used to NOT work that way. I think my version is newer than .136 (.148? can't remember). I doubt it's an AP vs classic thing--not sure why it would be.

I'm not sure when it changed...but I did notice it for the first time about 1.5 weeks ago. I'm almost positive it works that way now, and am absolutely positive that it used to NOT work that way. I think my version is newer than .136 (.148? can't remember). I doubt it's an AP vs classic thing--not sure why it would be.

Yay! I most definitely see the +/- 5 mph behavior on my Classic w/ .136, but the manual states the behavior you now see for the nearest 5 mpg increment for full pulls. I look forward to that one!

I just never understood "master" cruise on/off in any car.
It doesn't take a lawyer to reasonably argue that it's safer to have a kill switch than not -- sense you have the stalk for the feature anyway. It's very easy to accidentally tap the wrong stalk (attempting to turn or interact with wipers) and be surprised by the vehicle's acceleration response from doing that maneuver.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with the latter. Haven't tested the former recently.

I prefer the original behavior. As an example, when the speed limit is 55mph I'll sometimes set cruise at 62mph and bump it to 67mph when the speed limit rises to 60mph. With this feature it would bump my set speed to 65mph or 70mph, neither of which is what I would want. (I generally set to 10% above for casual driving and +10 when I'm actively watching for "speed profiteering" by towns.)

I prefer the original behavior. As an example, when the speed limit is 55mph I'll sometimes set cruise at 62mph and bump it to 67mph when the speed limit rises to 60mph. With this feature it would bump my set speed to 65mph or 70mph, neither of which is what I would want.

+1 for this. I don't like this if they really did change it. I like to be going, say 73 in a 65 and then when there is a speed limit change to 55, just give it two clicks down to go to 63.

Skimmed the release notes for .197, nothing popped out at me. With 188 could you drop a pin on the map? If not you can now. Drove home, it seemed a little peppier, but I bet that's in my head from having just gotten out of the service loaner, a P85.

image.jpg

Think I found something. It says at each supercharger stop the iPhone app will let you know when you've charged enough to get to the next stop. If that was in 188, it wasn't working for me last week. Could be one of those things like the valet on/off which requires an update to the iPhone App.

image.jpg