Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 6.2-2.4.239 on my classic P85+ (pre-AP hardware) via WiFi a couple of days ago, and updated my record in the tracker. I've seen reports here on a walk-away door locking bug, and so wanted to report my experience.

Firmware downloaded and installed successfully. I did not perform a reboot after the installation. My walk-away door locking was working before the firmware upgrade, and it's still working after the upgrade. I did not toggle the setting.

As expected, I am still connected to the mothership via 3G. I would have been very surprised if I suddenly had LTE connectivity by firmware upgrade.

On May 31 I drove to Charlotte via DC. ~1300 miles. Trip planner worked well. June 9 I got upgraded to .239. I drove home June 11. Trip Planner had brain freeze. I departed the Burlington, NC supercharger with over 200 miles. South Hill supercharger is about 100 miles away. After about 10 miles Trip Planner routed me back to Burlington. I ignored it. I think I would have been stuck in an infinite loop had I followed it's routing. On 4 other occasions on the way home it wanted me to return to the supercharger I just left, even though I had plenty of range to get to the next supercharger.

The GPS is amazingly accurate. I stopped at the Bethesda, MD supercharger, which is in a parking garage in a shopping mall. It routed me correctly through the parking lot and into the garage. Sometimes within the last 500 yards it did not find the best route to a supercharger, say by cutting through a parking lot, but the supercharger was always where the map showed it.

Ugh... my condolences.

It wasn't what I was expecting and didn't believe the GPS (which happened to be spot on) so made some wrong turns getting there. I had heard it was part of a Tesla store (technically correct). I avoided it on the way home.

There was a Florida Tesla in the other supercharging space and a couple local Tesla's in the non-supercharging spaces. I was afraid of getting dinged. Narrow spaces.

New update tonight

Installed this a few min ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,234
Had my car into the SC yesterday. They installed 2.4.249. I put it in the tracker. They said it was just bug fixes. So far I haven't noticed anything different.
This was my first ever service. I've read here that after an SC firmware install that one must reset the mirror position for reversing. I did not have to do that.
I took it in to fix a rattle and do a tire rotation. I was embarrassed to learn that the rattle was due to the rear license plate frame commemorating my 100th blood donation that I installed a week after receiving the car. SC did not complain or charge for fixing it.

I got .249 at the service center as well.
Talking to the experts there apparently is one known bug that is causing them to wait with a broader rollout. When starting after the car was asleep there is a timing issue where sometimes it can take a rather long time for the car to wake up. A new build that fixes that is supposed to be out "any day now".

In the meantime, as always when I get firmware in the service center, the mirror settings for reverse were lost and I had to re-program those.