Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least for some of us, but apparently not all of us, if we had walk-away door locking enabled when we updated to .236 the walk-away door locking would no longer function, even though it would still show as enabled. One fix was to disable it and re-enable it. That definitely resolved the issue for MarcG. My issue resolved either as a result of a scroll-wheel reset (likely), or as a result of disabling and re-enabling mirror tilting in reverse (less likely). Those were the only two things I did after identifying the problem, and then realizing that it was gone.

So if you had walk-away door locking set, have updated to .238, and have not done a scroll wheel reset or enabled or disabled options, you should be able to at least provide one more data point.

Thanks!

Working fine.

Not sure if this is new with the .236 update. If not, I am playing the "I am new here card"

Drove my car to my parents when it was 3 days old before the software update. Was surprised it showed that the battery would be 58% when I got there. What it did not show was that it was giving me the battery level for a round trip.

Added another longer destination in my car today post software update and it looks like the screen has changed.

Untitled-1.jpg

Either its new or I missed it last time.

I received .239 last night, too - as far as I know, it's the first time I've been on the Early line for updates. As Outsider posted in #1154, the only features Tesla shows are the two charging alterations.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tested this again to make sure but even with the stay connected box selected, the 3G becomes completely disconnected and when I resume driving the car it takes more than 10 minutes or so before the 3G becomes usable. I thi this is a known problem as I was advised not to use the energy mode in order to avoid this. Maybe this is an issue with the Canadian provider.

FWIW, I've never had a significant 3G-usuability delay under normal use (entering/exiting the car). It can take a few minutes to re-initialize after a reboot, though.

Agreed. I tested this on my classic P85+ on firmware 6.2-1.4.213, and it does NOT work the way the manual says.

The cruise control on my car operates the way it always has -- adds or subtracts 5mph from the current cruise control setting. It does not increment or decrement to the nearest 5mph, as the manual specifies it should. I submitted a bug report.

I keep a copy of every user's manual Tesla has released because I'm finding, as time goes on, less and less of the new versions are relevant to my Non-AP P85+.

Hope they keep this destination charging database relatively up to date. I stopped by one in Santa Rosa, CA and both destination charger HPWCs advertised by the Nav were out of service (one completely removed, the other not working)

Destination chargers also have a habit of being wired for only 40A (ie: not worth a stop).

I pause it. Before 6.2, it used to remember it was left paused. Not any more! Yes, I can turn it down to zero each time I leave the car, and that DOES work - except that it keeps advancing tracks while I'm gone, and I come back to something completely different, which is aggravating.

Recently, I've encountered the same bug. The car will cycle through half my playlist overnight (that's over 100 songs). Not looking forward to this happening to my audiobooks when I travel (and remembering previous position is important). Oddly, it started happening without a new firmware update. Maybe I just didn't notice it at first...

Yep, I'm getting this bug too, and it's new with firmware 6.2. I'm only getting it half the time though. It's a bit weird.

I think if I leave the car for just a few minutes , it stays paused/muted. But if the car goes fully to sleep and I come back after many hours, the radio spontaneously comes on. It's obviously a bug. (FWIW, I'm always listening to music on USB stick.)

+1 This describes my experience with this bug perfectly.

I believe range assurance has been taking both SpCs and destination chargers from the onset.

Yep, and I don't have any of either within range of my car. All it does is make the navigation take several times longer calculating the route. :rolleyes:

I got the update pushed out to me this morning and installed it after lunch, and it seemed like the android app connected a lot faster than it usually does when I fired it up to pre-cool the car prior to leaving work. Has anyone else noticed that?

The app always seems to get a shot in the arm for a short time after an update (either to the app or the car) and will connect almost immediately. Normally it takes two or three attempts for it to succeed.

ugh - you cursed me... ;-) Just got back into car and it came back on automatically after being paused... Sigh- still broken. The worst is I was listening to explicit comedy via Slacker and kids got in car first. D'Oh!

It can always be worse. At least it wasn't Hustler Radio.

I always have been one of the last to receive an update. Went out to go to lunch an there it was.
same here. its set to install tonite. i have had some strange window behavior since the last update.
1. driver front window doesn't properly go back up after dropping down when the door opens. so it keeps opening up ¼ inch by ¼ inch. til i close it manually (with switch). not always, but a few times since the last update randomly.
2. one time i came back to the car after lunch at a mall and the passenger front window was wide open. and we definitely didn't open it or leave it open.
3. Rear passenger window wouldn't close after i opened it. it kept trying when i pulled the switch, would go up about and inch then go back down all the way.

I've done a couple of reboots and it seems to fix the issues. But then #1 has come back a couple times. And I did do a full reboot after the last firmware installed as i always do.

Will see if this new update fixes these or if they still happen.

same here. its set to install tonite. i have had some strange window behavior since the last update.
1. driver front window doesn't properly go back up after dropping down when the door opens. so it keeps opening up ¼ inch by ¼ inch. til i close it manually (with switch). not always, but a few times since the last update randomly.
2. one time i came back to the car after lunch at a mall and the passenger front window was wide open. and we definitely didn't open it or leave it open.
3. Rear passenger window wouldn't close after i opened it. it kept trying when i pulled the switch, would go up about and inch then go back down all the way.

I've done a couple of reboots and it seems to fix the issues. But then #1 has come back a couple times. And I did do a full reboot after the last firmware installed as i always do.

Will see if this new update fixes these or if they still happen.

I've read of someone having a window problem like that before. If I recall, it was fixed through some sort of funky reset that they were walked through by a tech. (I'm almost certain it wasn't a simple reset.) You'll probably have a tough time finding the post, but it may be worth searching. I'll take a quick shot at it, and come back to edit this if I find it.

Edit: Wound up searching quite a bit, but couldn't find it. Sorry!

Last edited: