Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read of someone having a window problem like that before. If I recall, it was fixed through some sort of funky reset that they were walked through by a tech. (I'm almost certain it wasn't a simple reset.) You'll probably have a tough time finding the post, but it may be worth searching. I'll take a quick shot at it, and come back to edit this if I find it.

Edit: Wound up searching quite a bit, but couldn't find it. Sorry!

There's one procedure where you hold the switch in the closed position for 30 seconds and that forces the system to re-calibrate the "closed" position of the glass...

I received .239 last night.

Don't see it mentioned (and the one post with screenshots doesn't load the images), but the release notes changed -- and only mention 2 new features in this update:
- Destination charging now in the map database
- More charging display options on the map -- just superchargers vs destination and visited chargers.

Nice update!

same here. its set to install tonite. i have had some strange window behavior since the last update.
1. driver front window doesn't properly go back up after dropping down when the door opens. so it keeps opening up ¼ inch by ¼ inch. til i close it manually (with switch). not always, but a few times since the last update randomly.
2. one time i came back to the car after lunch at a mall and the passenger front window was wide open. and we definitely didn't open it or leave it open.
3. Rear passenger window wouldn't close after i opened it. it kept trying when i pulled the switch, would go up about and inch then go back down all the way.

I've done a couple of reboots and it seems to fix the issues. But then #1 has come back a couple times. And I did do a full reboot after the last firmware installed as i always do.

Will see if this new update fixes these or if they still happen.

I've read of someone having a window problem like that before. If I recall, it was fixed through some sort of funky reset that they were walked through by a tech. (I'm almost certain it wasn't a simple reset.) You'll probably have a tough time finding the post, but it may be worth searching. I'll take a quick shot at it, and come back to edit this if I find it.

Edit: Wound up searching quite a bit, but couldn't find it. Sorry!

There's one procedure where you hold the switch in the closed position for 30 seconds and that forces the system to re-calibrate the "closed" position of the glass...

That could definitely be it!

You should try the above, jomo25.

same here. its set to install tonite. i have had some strange window behavior since the last update.
1. driver front window doesn't properly go back up after dropping down when the door opens. so it keeps opening up ¼ inch by ¼ inch. til i close it manually (with switch). not always, but a few times since the last update randomly.
2. one time i came back to the car after lunch at a mall and the passenger front window was wide open. and we definitely didn't open it or leave it open.
3. Rear passenger window wouldn't close after i opened it. it kept trying when i pulled the switch, would go up about and inch then go back down all the way.

I've done a couple of reboots and it seems to fix the issues. But then #1 has come back a couple times. And I did do a full reboot after the last firmware installed as i always do.

Will see if this new update fixes these or if they still happen.

This might help with (1): Driver's window not closing all the way - has anyone had this problem?

At least for some of us, but apparently not all of us, if we had walk-away door locking enabled when we updated to .236 the walk-away door locking would no longer function, even though it would still show as enabled. One fix was to disable it and re-enable it. That definitely resolved the issue for MarcG. My issue resolved either as a result of a scroll-wheel reset (likely), or as a result of disabling and re-enabling mirror tilting in reverse (less likely). Those were the only two things I did after identifying the problem, and then realizing that it was gone.

So if you had walk-away door locking set, have updated to .238, and have not done a scroll wheel reset or enabled or disabled options, you should be able to at least provide one more data point.

Thanks!

I updated to .239 today. After a couple short trips, including manual locking/unlocking, I tested whether walk-away locking still worked. Conclusion: it did not. I rebooted (scroll wheel reset) and it still didn't work. I disabled and re-enabled walk-away locking, and it started working again. That said, even though I had this enabled, I still manually locked the doors for peace of mind.

I updated to .239 today. After a couple short trips, including manual locking/unlocking, I tested whether walk-away locking still worked. Conclusion: it did not. I rebooted (scroll wheel reset) and it still didn't work. I disabled and re-enabled walk-away locking, and it started working again. That said, even though I had this enabled, I still manually locked the doors for peace of mind.

Thanks for testing that. Interesting that the bug still seems to exist, at least for some people / cars.

And another round is starting... about 70 cars in the tracker reported .236
Then came .238 (30 cars, all but one with AutoPilot) and .239 (44 cars, all types but mostly non-AP)
And now we have two reports (so far only from 'D's but the sample size is too small) who got .245 at a service center...

Posts are nice, but if you want to report then you have to use dirkhh's nice Firmware Upgrade Tracker (see his sig).

It's an interesting site. According to it when I submitted my report last week, I was the first non-AP car with .239 (on the tracker at least). Not that I plan to derive any plan or gleam any information from it, but it is interesting information nonetheless.