Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2.5.21 as well. Sat in car while it updated. Took less than 30 min. While it was clicking and clacking the Bluetooth to my iPhone connected and it started playing the podcast I had paused this morning. It stopped and resumed several times, skipping a few seconds occasionally [emoji16]

Perhaps it's the intended behavior now (assuming you're talking about the vent opening less than it used to).

I don't think so. I had a Ranger looking at mine today -- it had gone from venting properly to "venting" like a millimeter, and when I did vent it properly by opening it wider and then rolling it back to vent position I noticed the left side significantly higher than the right (about a centimeter different). He lubed it and got it back to venting, maybe a little less than before but maybe not, I can't say, but it's open, not the miserable little leak it was doing. But he also noted that there will "probably" be another update to modify how they're controlling the left/right motors on the sunroof, and that the unevenness on mine was a software issue.

Like what? I can't remember the last time I encountered anything limited to 8.3.
Try turning off 8.3 support (the ~ mapping stuff). Also take a spin through your registry looking for ~.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing new in 2.5.21 for me. Two word driver names now display in full.
How formal. Having had over a dozen drivers, I've never bothered with last names.

Quick note on my experience with updating to 2.5.21: charging to 90% has yielded about 1 mile of rated range higher than the average I was getting on 2.4.250 and 2.4.236 over the last month and a half.

To be specific, the average of my last 90% charges with these last two releases was 225.5 and today my 90% with 2.5.21 is 226.3 (all this is per my VisibleTesla logs). Let's see if the algorithm actually changed with this release or today is just an outlier.

Quick note on my experience with updating to 2.5.21: charging to 90% has yielded about 1 mile of rated range higher than the average I was getting on 2.4.250 and 2.4.236 over the last month and a half.

To be specific, the average of my last 90% charges with these last two releases was 225.5 and today my 90% with 2.5.21 is 226.3 (all this is per my VisibleTesla logs). Let's see if the algorithm actually changed with this release or today is just an outlier.

Or the update deleted some historic data specific to your car and over time it will creep back down.

Air conditioning not working

I just did my OTA upgrade to 2.5.21 (my first one!). I was so excited to upgrade, I let it install while at work. Unfortunately, myAC is only blowing hot air after the upgrade. I reset the computer, but no change. I have the ac on, set to Lo. Has this happened to anyone else? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

They really are pushing out 2.5.21 really aggressively the last couple of days. It's now the third most installed firmware build for 6.2, and climbing fast.

I'm glad so many people are updating the Firmware Updater (see my sig). Also, I'm seeing many new people registering for the first time, too.
I kind of want a way to show in the tracker that I'm still on 6.1, maybe a date range of sorts for each version. That should help prevent "I still don't have it" posts (like this one and a couple others I made recently).

My car is at service for a sunroof issue and I made sure they know to update the firmware this time. If they install it (rather than just stage), I expect it would be tomorrow. I'm keeping a close eye on VT.

Edit: Just as I posted, noticed VT didn't seem to be refreshing properly and restarted it. My car now has 2.5.21. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I just did my OTA upgrade to 2.5.21 (my first one!). I was so excited to upgrade, I let it install while at work. Unfortunately, myAC is only blowing hot air after the upgrade. I reset the computer, but no change. I have the ac on, set to Lo. Has this happened to anyone else? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure you reset both computers (hold middle scroll wheels to reset touchscreen, hold top buttons on steering wheel to reset dash). Make sure you let the A/C run for a bit (obvious, but you never know). If after all that you still have issues, call Tesla.

Not sure if anybody posted about the tesla conference call this evening. Elon said they're rolling out autopilot software updates to their public trial candidates on August 15th. And then depending on the results they could roll it out to everybody 1-2 months after that.

In other words, keep your hands on the wheel until 2016.