Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been keeping up lately but I just noticed that the specs are now showing a .1 second faster 0-60 time. Is this just to reflect motortrends measurements or is this to reflect an improvement. The 100 Kmh time has also bumped up by .1. Not sure if they would have extrapolated the motor trend numbers to Kms or not.

Well I've tried twice with the new update and can't get above 131. That's same as always. Did reset on both systems. I wonder what road conditions it takes into account? Was on isolated 6 lane with no traffic for miles. Shouldn't have been a problem with heat as had been set on 75 cruise for 15 miles or so. Was showing 185 rated miles.

Has anyone else noticed that the TACC stops/slows much more aggressively? I did a 35 mile trip up I95 to Boca last night in pretty heavy traffic. I do this on my daily commute on 95 (been on vacation for the last week) and was very comfortable with the way the TACC slowed or stopped. Last night there were several instances Where the pucker factor was pretty high. Felt like there was a lot more brakes being applied (as opposed to regen) and applied later than it was before. I actually changed the following distance setting from 1 to 3. This helped a little, but still felt to me like it was waiting much longer to slow than before on 1.

Has anyone else noticed that the TACC stops/slows much more aggressively? I did a 35 mile trip up I95 to Boca last night in pretty heavy traffic. I do this on my daily commute on 95 (been on vacation for the last week) and was very comfortable with the way the TACC slowed or stopped. Last night there were several instances Where the pucker factor was pretty high. Felt like there was a lot more brakes being applied (as opposed to regen) and applied later than it was before. I actually changed the following distance setting from 1 to 3. This helped a little, but still felt to me like it was waiting much longer to slow than before on 1.

It's been tweaked, was actually mentioned in the notes as, "Traffic-Aware Cruise Control has been improved to provide a smoother ride when following another
vehicle. Also, the following distance at higher speeds has been reduced."

I noticed that the following distance had been reduced enough that I changed the distance setting to a higher number. Once that was done, it was smoother in terms of not applying as much force as fast either speeding up or slowing down - of course the counter to that is that if distance was changing quickly because the car in front started going a lot slower, then the S would have to transition from being "casual" with it to being more aggressive. All in all, it feels like an improvement to me. The elastic controlling how tightly to stick to the set following distance is stretchier now, but it'll still react as needed progressively more as it reaches the limits.

Here are some before and after photos of the new speedometer. As an FYI.
IMG_5264.jpg
IMG_5261.jpg

After install of 6.2 I have found that when braking there is now a kind of a jerk as the car comes to a stop. A kind of sqeak and then small reverse movement. For me that was present in the previous release (6.1) when the auto-following cruise control brought the car to a stop but not when I do the braking. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

I noticed something like this with 2.4.124 where there was a bit of a shudder right as you come to a stop using the brake pedal. I tried different modulations of the brake pedal to try to work around it with no consistent results. With 2.4.153 I haven't had it happen at all in the last couple days.

Got home around 6:00 pm, checked about an hour later and update was ready to go. Started the update and a couple of hours later it was done.

Sometime during the middle of the update, I thought I heard music, looked in the garage and the car was completely dark, but streaming audio, think it did that until right before update was done.

Two weeks further in the roll-out...same thing happening to me right now. I clicked on 'install' about 1/2 hr ago and was just in the kitchen and heard loud music coming from the garage, checked an it's coming from Model S.

Two weeks further in the roll-out...same thing happening to me right now. I clicked on 'install' about 1/2 hr ago and was just in the kitchen and heard loud music coming from the garage, checked an it's coming from Model S.
I think it's so cute that the Model S wants to listen to loud music while upgrading. :)

You will update the firmware tracker when your upgrade is finished, right NigelM?

My S85 (vin P08xxx) just got its first v6.2 update and got 2.4.153. Not much seems new for me except for the trip planner. The biggest change is that the powered liftgate now slows down as it approaches the set position when opening. And the closing latch sounds a bit different too, but that's not as obvious.

Media player still has all of the same annoying issues (no repeat or shuffle when listening to favorites).