Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Running 6.2 / 2.4.136 for a few weeks now. The other day I used cruise control to maintain ~ 50 km/h (30+ mls/h).
Never before noticed this cc malfunction. The car feels like the energy pedal is pulsing, like delivering just a little too much power followed by just a little less.
Reminds me of 70-s diesel powered Mercedes Benzes with manual gear. They featured what was called the 'Bonanza' effect (or 'jig-saw' effect in other languages) when de- or accelerating.
Due to the rocking motion of those engines your foot kept overcompensating, only to worsen the rocking.

It's not THAT bad with this firmware version, so it would call it the 'Parkinson' effect.

Any other drivers experiencing the same effect and is it gone in more recent firmware versions?
Experiencing this with the Model S, of course. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had a complete failure of the navigation's Favorites system since their 6.2 upgrade? Mine is now completely non-functional. I've tried rebooting, deleting, and re-adding things. No matter what I do, any location I assign to Home/Work/Favorites is directed to a mangling of my former Home address (it swaps a West for an East to put it in the other part of town). Even if I assign Home to something else completely, all favorites still go to that mangled version of the address I had set as Home when I was running 6.1.

Anyone else with similar issues, or is it just me?

Running 6.2 / 2.4.136 for a few weeks now. The other day I used cruise control to maintain ~ 50 km/h (30+ mls/h).
Never before noticed this cc malfunction. The car feels like the energy pedal is pulsing, like delivering just a little too much power followed by just a little less.
Reminds me of 70-s diesel powered Mercedes Benzes with manual gear. They featured what was called the 'Bonanza' effect (or 'jig-saw' effect in other languages) when de- or accelerating.
Due to the rocking motion of those engines your foot kept overcompensating, only to worsen the rocking.

It's not THAT bad with this firmware version, so it would call it the 'Parkinson' effect.

Any other drivers experiencing the same effect and is it gone in more recent firmware versions?

Nope, never had this. Is this an AP car? You didn't enter your firmware update into the tracker, so I can't just look up your car details :) (would you mind adding it?)

My ideal would be to plan it on a PC in Google Maps, then push a button to send it to the car.

It could definitely be an interim useful function but in doing that Tesla would be admitting their software isn't good enough. The Volt has that option from the app for general navigation which I have used a couple of times but it requires too many steps. It is somewhat useful only because the nav interface is so bad on the Volt, especially once you are used to the Tesla. Tesla really needs to eventually give the onboard nav the same functionality as Google maps which I am sure they are striving for and then some. Like Elon said they are probably a little short on resources so personally I would rather they spend time on the in car nav functionality than integration with a PC's Google Maps.

Last edited:

I have noticed this too, at least in the neighborhood of 30-35 mph. It's fairly subtle and doesn't happen all the time (or it's subtle enough that I don't notice it all the time). I'm on .153.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've only noticed it when I'm locked on to another car, in which case maybe it's the other car doing it causing TACC to follow suit. I'll pay more attention.

was on .153, got notice this am, i installed, now on 101.36.2.. huh? i'll go down and see what the release notes are....

edit: same notes as .153. don't notice anything new really. perhaps when clicking an address in a calendar entry it highlighted the destination on the map with a 'navigate' button, whereas before i think it just starting navigating..? but not sure of that. if this is just little bug fixes it's so odd to completely revamp the version numbers, no? maybe it's the beginning of forking fw for different hw versions.? i'm og p85, 2012.

anyway.

Last edited:
It's real. I got it today.
Sorry, I realized too late that this sounded like I was questioning the truthfulness of the posts... that wasn't my intention.
It's much more "Come on, Tesla, that can't be real..."
This looks like an offset into some table got messed up or something. There's no version number scheme known to mankind that jumps from 2.4.160 to 101.36.2...

Sorry, I realized too late that this sounded like I was questioning the truthfulness of the posts... that wasn't my intention.
It's much more "Come on, Tesla, that can't be real..."
This looks like an offset into some table got messed up or something. There's no version number scheme known to mankind that jumps from 2.4.160 to 101.36.2...

Its somewhat typical with software, probably just a new branch of code... I confirm that 101.36.2 is real and valid, being pushed today.

I've been doing software for 30 years and I can assure you that 2.4.160 to 101.36.2 is anything but "typical".

This is the pattern so far:
Untitled.jpg

So that's very typical... we see increments in the sub-minor version for bug fixes, increments in the minor version for small improvements and then the odd switch to major number '2' in the middle of the 6.0 release.
But all in all this is what I would expect. Not a weird jump from 2.4.x to 101.36.y. This is as stupid as going from Windows 3 to Windows 95 - but there they at least had the year as an excuse...