Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect your recent update included changes to the pedal mapping. Elon hinted at new pedal mapping coming in 7.0, maybe they are introducing it earlier than expected or are simply trying it out?
It has a lot more torque, it wouldn't be unheard of for the P85D to feel quite a bit snappier than the P85. That said, it's extremely easy to manipulate that feeling by altering the pedal response (manufacturers particularly love to do this with their low-HP cars). Reality is, it's just about impossible to make an objective judgement on peppiness if the possibility of a pedal response change is in the mix.

I went from .124 to .188 last night, but I think the middle patch mostly effected P models right? I'm on a standard.

Was too tired & zoned out this morning to pay attention to any different feel of the car, will see how the evening commute goes.

That's a shame. I rather like have direct control of regen using the accelerator. I'd also prefer stronger regen.

I've got .188 and I haven't seen any difference in regen. I'm deeply skeptical of any claims of changes to regen because every single update there are people claiming that. That's not to say that Telsa never makes changes to the regen, it's just a very difficult thing to measure and the car doesn't behave 100% consistently so it's easy to think there has been a change when there really hasn't.

Classic (non-AP) P85+ updated to 6.2 (2.4.188) this evening. I've updated the firmware tracker.
Thanks for that, we still see non-AP cars get 101.36.2 but have very few that got 2.4.188. I talked to my SC yesterday and they couldn't explain the 101.36.2, either.

My 85 (December 2013 build) just got .188. I was on .124
Would you mind adding your data? We have only two entries for .188 in the tracker, JoeNe and SteveS0353 (and no entries at all from you :c )

Has anyone else noticed that TuneIn and Slacker are really flaky in .168 and .188. Prior to those two releases they worked very reliably. But now I have crackling followed by short drop outs of sound fairly often. Given the crackling I don't think it's losing 3G since that was always just a silent drop off before.

IMG_0817.JPG

The go pedal does seem more responsive and it feels quicker. Nothing scientific. But that's what the notes also claim.

Has anyone else noticed that TuneIn and Slacker are really flaky in .168 and .188. Prior to those two releases they worked very reliably. But now I have crackling followed by short drop outs of sound fairly often. Given the crackling I don't think it's losing 3G since that was always just a silent drop off before.

I've been on .188 for a couple days and I haven't noticed this.

I assume you did the post-install reboot? Just checking... I haven't spent much time in the car since .188 but I've had random Slacker issues after upgrades in the past and often they went away with a reboot.

I installed .188 last night on my classic (non-AP) P85+, and did a post-install reboot this morning before I took the car out of the garage. There are 2 issues I've noticed already...

• It took a good hour before the radio (XM or FM) would play, although the media app was able to detect the signal and displayed the details of what was playing correctly, but no sound. I tried changing the source and channels several times, but nada. Then when I got back home and opened the door, the radio suddenly sprang to life. Very odd, never experienced that before after an upgrade.
  • The nav display is not showing the places I've charged before, even my home, although they all appear in the "Visited Chargers" list under Places.
I tried an other reboot when I got back home, but the charge locations are still not showing up on the nav display.
The driving experience seems no different at all, and I was not able to identify any difference in the release notes.

Edit: I found why the charge locations was not showing -- the little lightening bolt button on the top right corner of the nav display had been reset by the upgrade (or reboot). Turned that on again, et voilà.

Last edited: