Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no doubt that someone will do it. I just hope I won't be around them! But on a semi-serious note, drsaab is averaging 38.5k miles per year. When does s/he sleep to make that happen!

- - - Updated - - -

I need that for all the texters. I've already suffer at their hands too much!

110 miles round trip commute. Varies 5 to 6 days. Add in evening and weekend and trips to ny, the beaches, nc etc. miles add up fast. Mostly highway driving with minimal traffic at my hours.

Still get plenty of sleep.

Another heavy user of TACC here -- possibly half of my 9500 miles after 4 months ( well almost, I have until end of October ; )

With Tesla, there's sooooo much time to prepare for the new thing that it could almost threaten to be a letdown, but luckily they usually hold a few new things back for the official launch... eg. maybe they've added skins / themes, and advanced tweaks / settings, and more minor additions to the final release :cool:

Someone in the EU section posted this image supposedly of a beta participant:

Tesla-EU-v7-Beta.jpg

Note the "classic" style gauge with the car icon as well! Maybe there is some hope?

Last edited:
Someone in the EU section posted this image supposedly of a beta participant:

View attachment 95908

Note the "classic" style gauge with the car icon as well! Maybe there is some hope?

That "image" appears to be a stopped video. (Note the somewhat less than obvious play arrow at about 11:00 near the steering wheel.) Rep points to the first person to link to the video!

ARRGGH!! I still see the toy car and the bright headlight wash!!

Now just restore time/date/temp and I'll shut up.

It might be there behind the steering wheel. So far, this is the most v6 looking "leak". Hopefully all our favorite bits of v6 is there and, as you said before, they left the same information and simply flattened the UI design (but introduced more skewmorphism with the toy car).

Thanks for posting that.

Interestingly, it is the same driver, and presumably the same car, but definitely not the same video.

The capture from the first video shows different apps pulled up to the left and right of the speedometer, and a lower speed than the lowest speed ever being driven in the second video.

I noticed that as well. Same interview, but different footage? Maybe he's just using his left hand to steer? lol.

Last edited: