Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main thread for 7.0 shows a newer version being sent to European cars (2.7.77) has the time and temperature back on the bottom row. The temp is on the left and the time is on the right. It's unclear yet if this is was on an AP or classic Model S. It appears they are listening and responding to complaints quickly, even before 7.1.

Excellent point. They must have changed those details between the US and EU release. Shows Tesla's ability to respond and act quickly (they do on some issues, not others, seems a bit random when they do/don't).

Excellent point. They must have changed those details between the US and EU release. Shows Tesla's ability to respond and act quickly (they do on some issues, not others, seems a bit random when they do/don't).

I suspect it has much to do with how loud the outcry is, and how it causes people to deviate from Tesla's desired behavior. For instance, $5k for premium interior resulted in many saying they will forgot the power liftgate at that price. Lo and behold its $3k the following week and while some are annoyed, it significantly quieted down the complaints. People refusing to upgrade to 2.7.56 could have provided the same impetus for Tesla to make a simple change to encourage adoption.

I suspect it has much to do with how loud the outcry is, and how it causes people to deviate from Tesla's desired behavior. For instance, $5k for premium interior resulted in many saying they will forgot the power liftgate at that price. Lo and behold its $3k the following week and while some are annoyed, it significantly quieted down the complaints. People refusing to upgrade to 2.7.56 could have provided the same impetus for Tesla to make a simple change to encourage adoption.

That would definitely mean their lack of response is also a deliberate tactic signaling they were wrong but at the same time have a hard to explaining themselves and/or fixing it quickly. Like the 691 hp issue.

I got V7 for my Classic P85 the first day of the rollout, but didn't install it because of the removal of the clock and temperature display. Yesterday, I received another update, which I assume is a newer version. I haven't installed that either as I'm waiting to hear whether it is just a bug fix, or whether they added the digital clock and temp back in. I can't read the clock on the 17 inch screen while driving without taking off my glasses, which is not safe to do. I figure other people will get the update shortly and indicate if these items have been added back in.

With the clock and temp back, I just want to see what the energy app looks like on classics with 2.7.77 and then perhaps I'll hit install update.

Keep in mind if you've had the update staged (yellow clock icon) already, the car isn't downloading additional updates until after you install the one that is staged (likely 2.7.56 or whatever). So if Tesla pushed 2.7.77 to you and you haven't installed 2.7.56 yet, it could just skip you in the meantime.

I got V7 for my Classic P85 the first day of the rollout, but didn't install it because of the removal of the clock and temperature display. Yesterday, I received another update, which I assume is a newer version.

Also what wk57 just said. If you didn't install V7 before, how do you know you received another update? It's just prompting you once a day to install the already-downloaded update (2.7.56) before it will download any subsequent updates.

Keep in mind if you've had the update staged (yellow clock icon) already, the car isn't downloading additional updates until after you install the one that is staged (likely 2.7.56 or whatever). So if Tesla pushed 2.7.77 to you and you haven't installed 2.7.56 yet, it could just skip you in the meantime.

Is that true? I got V7 the first day of the rollout but haven't installed it, because of the removal of the temp and time display from the instrument cluster. Yesterday I received a new notification on my phone that a new software update had been downloaded. The notification is not on the display on my car, but is the notification that appears on your iphone to tell you that an update has been downloaded.

9d12c4d226ef1cf28aa5d6dc8e9736ab.jpg

2.7.77 on a "classic"

Is that true? I got V7 the first day of the rollout but haven't installed it, because of the removal of the temp and time display from the instrument cluster. Yesterday I received a new notification on my phone that a new software update had been downloaded. The notification is not on the display on my car, but is the notification that appears on your iphone to tell you that an update has been downloaded.

Unless they changed something the car will just wait for you to install the original update. It's probably just pestering you about the existing one.