Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 2.7.85 dropped today. Anyone notice anything new in release notes or UI?

The Firmware Upgrade Tracker only shows one incidence of 2.7.85 being installed, so I wouldn't really refer to that as "dropped." There was the following post made in the tracker thread:

3 days after the launch of 2.7.77, we received 2.7.85. At first we had hesitation to install it as there was a rumour that it would disable autopilot because of regulatory issues. A few brave guys tried it first and everyone was intact. Release note is the same.

The Firmware Upgrade Tracker only shows one incidence of 2.7.85 being installed, so I wouldn't really refer to that as "dropped." There was the following post made in the tracker thread:

2.7.85 rotates the clock 180 degrees, puts it at the bottom of the 17" and removes the temperature, making it simply an audio reminder which repeats every 5 minutes.

Joking!

If your car is at the service center it could just be a notification of the service center staging the current software version for installation or reinstallation. Or it could be a new version.

It is most likely a new(ER) version of the 7.0. Not sure why would they re-install the same version... They are doing annual service and some hardware related stuff. Does not seem logical to just reinstall the already installed version unless there is some software related problem.

It is most likely a new(ER) version of the 7.0. Not sure why would they re-install the same version... They are doing annual service and some hardware related stuff. Does not seem logical to just reinstall the already installed version unless there is some software related problem.

You'll have to let us know when you get the car back.

There have been lots of reports here of people who get notifications while their cars are in for service when there are no new updates available. I think the theory is service may hook something up that somehow checks the firmware or updates it, even if it is the same version, and that that process triggers the notification of an update. You very well may have a new version. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you don't, because this has happened with others in the past.

Clock and temp are back!

Just got my Model S back from having the next gen seat retrofit done and I have a new firmware version. 2.7.77. It shows the clock and temp back in dash! Thank you for listening Tesla! You rock!

image.jpeg

2.7.77.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like they moved the odometer mileage out of the way as well, but unfortunately they still left the more important Range gauge small and in the corner. Nevertheless, it demonstrates very encouraging and speedy reactions to constructive criticism.

Larry

It looks like they moved the odometer mileage out of the way as well, but unfortunately they still left the more important Range gauge small and in the corner. Nevertheless, it demonstrates very encouraging and speedy reactions to constructive criticism.

Larry
I think I can get used to the location of the range gauge. The energy graph/power meter on the left with range gauge at the bottom works for me. Range gauge seldom comes into play on my daily commute. Road trip is a different story, and I plan my charging spot accordingly.