Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use a password manager like 1password or lastpass, then use the tools whenever you want, but change your password after each use, day, week or whatever. It will take a bit of extra effort to re-establish the api token, but it's safe.
The problem is, what could happen between the time those Tokens are changed. That Is the risk one has to assume and an individual has no control over, no matter how small the possibility may be. Perhaps loosing one's FOB has more risk associated with it. IDK. There are just too many variables IMHO to speak with absolutes.

Me? I've vaselated on what makes sense for me. I've tried TeslaFi and its promising, the optional daily part of EVTripping is very helpful for what I tend to care most about, and others... But each time, I've gone through the process of disabling the functionality on all the tools, change my Tesla.com password (14 chars, upper/lower alpha with numeric and special character), store that in 1Password, then change the passwords on the Tesla App on both my iPhone and iPad. It's not a trivial process, but as you suggest is do-able. RIght now, it's only my official Tesla App and Remote S for me. I'd love to have the data some of the other tools provide, but just have not gotten to a comfort level to use anything else that "owns" a copy of my all-powerful Token for some period of time. ...but to each their own. It's great we have options to suit each of our needs and risk tolerance levels.

The problem is, what could happen between the time those Tokens are changed. That Is the risk one has to assume and an individual has no control over, no matter how small the possibility may be. Perhaps loosing one's FOB has more risk associated with it. IDK. There are just too many variables IMHO to speak with absolutes.

Me? I've vaselated on what makes sense for me. I've tried TeslaFi and its promising, the optional daily part of EVTripping is very helpful for what I tend to care most about, and others... But each time, I've gone through the process of disabling the functionality on all the tools, change my Tesla.com password (14 chars, upper/lower alpha with numeric and special character), store that in 1Password, then change the passwords on the Tesla App on both my iPhone and iPad. It's not a trivial process, but as you suggest is do-able. RIght now, it's only my official Tesla App and Remote S for me. I'd love to have the data some of the other tools provide, but just have not gotten to a comfort level to use anything else that "owns" a copy of my all-powerful Token for some period of time. ...but to each their own. It's great we have options to suit each of our needs and risk tolerance levels.
VT has far less risk and provides a lot of data. The cons are its not up-to-date, supported, or as robust as these hosted apps. Still, it's better than nothing.

Change your tesla.com password and the token is invalid. Create a new token, use the tools, change the tesla.com password again.

I've had AP do something good, but undocumented, three times now in the last couple of months. So I'm beginning to think it is not coincidence and am curious if others have noticed this.
Here is the scenario. TACC is on, perhaps auto steer also. I'm in the number two lane on the freeway. A car a little in front of me changes lanes from number four to three. I'm afraid he is going to keep coming into my lane and prepare to stomp on the brake. My car slows down before I can do this. TACC stays on and speeds back up after the car never actually enters my lane. I don't see any other reason why TACC would have slowed down. It seems like TACC is reacting to this car. Impressive if true.
I'm on version 7.1 2.32.100

• Funny
Reactions: TFHutch
Yeah definitely recent versions of 7.1 are better than before about slowing down if it thinks a car beside you is encroaching in your lane boundary. It sounds like 8.0 will take that one step further and proactively leave more room and turn into more of something you can rely on....

Note that this behavior sometimes causes false positives and unwanted slowdowns too.

Aha! I found the jack:
http://amzn.to/2bZNP3k

pic

http://amzn.to/2bZNP3k
I assume that the two connectors go to the battery jumper posts behind the nose cone. Do you need to drill holes in the Frunk tub to get the CTEK indicator panel inside the Frunk? What is the best way to accomplish this?

Last edited:
Yeah definitely recent versions of 7.1 are better than before about slowing down if it thinks a car beside you is encroaching in your lane boundary. It sounds like 8.0 will take that one step further and proactively leave more room and turn into more of something you can rely on....

Note that this behavior sometimes causes false positives and unwanted slowdowns too.

I'm getting a lot of false positives and have the opposite reflex of hovering my foot over the accelerator (instead of the brake) pedal to compensate for the unwanted slowdowns, which can be pretty abrupt at times.

I'm getting a lot of false positives and have the opposite reflex of hovering my foot over the accelerator (instead of the brake) pedal to compensate for the unwanted slowdowns, which can be pretty abrupt at times.

Ditto @MarcG I have gotten more than my fair share of false positives while driving on the expressway at full speed and all the sudden the warning alert and RED CAR in front of me and the car decelerates and I have to quickly press the accelerator pedal to not get rear ended. This has happened more often than not when the TACC setting has been set from 4 to 7 at highway speeds but NOT at lower setting in stop and go traffic. Very disconcerting!!

Ditto @MarcG I have gotten more than my fair share of false positives while driving on the expressway at full speed and all the sudden the warning alert and RED CAR in front of me and the car decelerates and I have to quickly press the accelerator pedal to not get rear ended. This has happened more often than not when the TACC setting has been set from 4 to 7 at highway speeds but NOT at lower setting in stop and go traffic. Very disconcerting!!

I've seen both of these forms of false positives, and they've increased more in recent 7.1 updates. It looks to me like a response to the various AP videos showing Teslas rear-ending an offset-parked/stopped car, and presumably other nonpublicized accidents involving Teslas scraping nearby vehicles.

The car seems very biased (skiddish even) towards assuming a nearby car is in your lane.

I'm hoping that the 8.0 update (particularly the bullet point about offsetting itself when a overtaken car is close to the lane line) alleviates a lot of this. I find that the MobilEye camera in its current form is not great at identifying the attitude or position of cars in adjacent lanes versus your current lane. That might be one of many reasons for the shift towards the radar being primary.