Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling like a real newbie today:

- Firmware Upgrade Tracker = just became aware of it today, signed up
- Firmware Current Version = 2.9.12 (have I missed any updates since Dec. 4th? Do I need to do anything to allow them?)
- Firmware 7.1 2.9.154 = waiting for update

Last night, my iPhone app updated Notifications for Summon, so something is underway....

Last edited:
Well, FWIW, I did get a notification on my iPhone but since I don't know when the new firmware actually downloaded to my car I don't know how long it takes from receipt of the update to when the notification goes out.

But think of the anticipation you get to feel all day until you get home. :)

Consider holding off, as 7.1 removes many autosteer and TACC features.
Huh? Such as what?

The only restriction I'm aware of, having used it for a day, is the limit to 5 mph over the speed limit on secondary roads. On highways it's significantly better, although it still needs improvement, and for my main use on secondary roads, stop and go traffic, I can't see any difference at all.

Here's why I won't be using the iPhone app for summoning

IMG_7039.PNG

Fortunately, AFAICT there is nothing you can do with the app you can't do more quickly and reliably with the fob.

Overall the iPhone app seems much less reliable than it used to be at contacting the car. Not sure if it's the car s/w or the app, since I updated both. I guess I should try the two-thumb salute on the car, just to see.

View attachment 107497

Fortunately, AFAICT there is nothing you can do with the app you can't do more quickly and reliably with the fob.

Overall the iPhone app seems much less reliable than it used to be at contacting the car. Not sure if it's the car s/w or the app, since I updated both. I guess I should try the two-thumb salute on the car, just to see.

Giggle... I can see the video of the Model X slowly crushing a row of antique luxury cars while the owner desperately tries to reboot their iPhone :)

View attachment 107497

I can think of many bad things with that message!!! :scared:

Like your car driving down the street and you chasing after it :)

Tesla does not use a CDN for updates. All this goes over the VPN directly, so it's not possible to use outside resources without compromising security.

... so it's not possible to use outside resources without changing their security model.

FTFY. As many people reading this (including, I bet, you) know, a VPN is neither the alpha nor the omega of a security model, though it does help.

Well, FWIW, I did get a notification on my iPhone but since I don't know when the new firmware actually downloaded to my car I don't know how long it takes from receipt of the update to when the notification goes out.

But think of the anticipation you get to feel all day until you get home. :)

Doh', I missed the notification on the iPhone about two hours after the download to the car. It's my first update, for some reason I thought I could schedule the install from the app.

Could the Summon/UnSummon handle this kind of parallel parking into the garage by itself?

View attachment 107495

Not on this "baby step" iteration, Hank. You'd have to make the first turn and then get the car lined up with the garage door. While backing, it will just stop when it senses the SUV.

Excited to see what they come up with in future releases, though. Like how about a "learn my parking" button that could be used to train it over the course of a week.