Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of these updates helped the heater at all? It was 47º here the other morning, and I could only get cold air to blow until I turned the heater up to 90º and off/on again and then it finally started to blow warm air. How are my Canadian and Northern brethren faring this winter? I'm just glad it's not cold here very often. Still love her, though!

EDIT: 2.13.120 just showed up at http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php.

The first report of that version on the tracker was on March 7. It was also reported in this thread shortly after that, I believe.

Edit: Yup, Dirk reported up thread that 2.13.120 had been reported by the morning of March 8.

First report of 2.13.120 installed on Mark Z's Model X. That might be the reason why the roll-out of 2.13.77 stopped: a new build was being readied.

Last edited:
Pretty exciting news from J.B. Straubel. Let the speculation begin on if this is true, what will it be and who and when do we get it.

Didn't when we were all getting 7 at first, before 7.1 even with a few extra features, Elon had tweeted that even after 7 a more comprehensive GUI design was coming soon? Perhaps this large release is that new big GUI redesign and interface on both screens?

-T

Didn't when we were all getting 7 at first, before 7.1 even with a few extra features, Elon had tweeted that even after 7 a more comprehensive GUI design was coming soon? Perhaps this large release is that new big GUI redesign and interface on both screens?

-T

It didn't really sound like Straubel was talking about interface and design stuff. It sounded more like actual new functionality.

I'm thinking with the reference to "driverless cars" it could be something along the lines of the promised but not yet delivered "car picking us up on private property."

I received an update, installing right now. Previously on 2.13.77....

Installed. It's version 2.13.103. The previous version was very good.

That version, which now shows four installs today in the tracker, is "out of order," being released later than 2.13.120. With few exceptions, the release numbers have been sequential, and I believe the last digits have always been sequential when the rest of the release number has remained the same.

Dirk--care to chime in on this anomaly?

Big Software gone?

This article was based on a interview from last year, its a mistake and the author has written this:

Editor's note: A previous version of this article mistakenly said Tesla executive JB Straubel's KentPresents interview occurred this month. But the actual interview took place in August, 2015. The article has been adjusted to reflect the implications of the timing of this interview. The author regrets the error.

Have any of these updates helped the heater at all? It was 47º here the other morning, and I could only get cold air to blow until I turned the heater up to 90º and off/on again and then it finally started to blow warm air. How are my Canadian and Northern brethren faring this winter? I'm just glad it's not cold here very often. Still love her, though!

It just hasn't been a problem for me, not with any of the firmware revisions since I got the car a year ago. Perhaps I'm just more tolerant of cold, or maybe it's because I usually preheat the car for 5-10 minutes on cold days? (Hereabouts 47° F counts as a warm day, at least normally it does.)

That version, which now shows four installs today in the tracker, is "out of order," being released later than 2.13.120. With few exceptions, the release numbers have been sequential, and I believe the last digits have always been sequential when the rest of the release number has remained the same.

I've got a ranger installing an update today. Wonder if it'll be 103 or 120?

I noticed this as well. The installs are reported to be over WiFi, so they aren't SC updates. It's quite strange. We'll have to monitor this for another day or two to figure out what's up with that. I can't remember them pulling a release and then continuing with a lower build number ever before.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a ranger installing an update today. Wonder if it'll be 103 or 120?
Please let us know. And if you can chat up the ranger and ask about that specific oddity, that would be quite interesting :)