Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving in Autopilot mode yesterday for over 20 minutes on QEW highway and no nag. I guess the car trusts us Canadians more or it is some compensation for not getting the Summons feature.
By the way, the perpendicular parking is a wonder to behold.
Can you confirm that in that 20 minutes your hand did not touch the steering wheel, or the signal lever, or any other control. If no controls were touched, and you were doing at least the speed limit, then this would truly be quite different from other reports.

Unfortunately, as much as I hate the idea of a nag, that's not what's keeping me from downgrading, it's the restriction in speed of the AP if used on *random road* with *unknown speedlimit* (where car has no possible clue as to what roads are divided, nor what the speed limit is on more than 50% of roads I drive on)

If.. I... only.. had.. a little.. more.. power...

I ended up getting it to work with this solution. Now I'm thinking of a longer wedge-like piece that I could mount there.

IMG_4988.jpg

Also, if the car were 2-3 feet further down the drive, it would release emergency brake and then immediately abort summon (going into garage). Coming out of garage, it usually stops once (as it must not be able to sense the driveway due to slope). Once I try again (and the back wheels go down the small lip) it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
ARG ARG ARG --- don't you just hate it when this happens. I meant to say that it IS reasonable. I'll edit my post so the meaning is clear, but so that your response also remains reasonable looking :-/
Good catch

Actually very relieved to see this.

You are one of the people here who I have so much respect for that I worry when we have radically different opinions on something. (Note that it didn't stop me from expressing them, but it did concern me! :) )

Glad we're on the same page!

You're ignoring the most common complaint. The car has no clue what roads are divided highways, and has no clue what the speed limits are.

So now it limits you to 35 in a 70 zone on a 6 lane divided highway, and you say " that's fine, you shouldn't be trying to speed on a 2 lane road anyway"

I've said many times, I'm perfectly ok with the stated restriction, what I'm not ok with is the implementation. Until the car can reliably know the speed limits, and reliably map the roads, you just can't make your limits based on either of those criteria.

+ 1

Yes, something's rotten in Denmark, methinks. But maybe being last will be a good thing in the end...didn't feel like it for the past few days, though.

You guys need to understand that Tesla is not a car company; it is a software company. When you deploy software, standard practice is to deploy first to a "small" groups of sites with minimal impact; then verify that all it is good and finally deploy to the largest group "last". For Tesla, the largest group is California.

Yes, I was joking.

Although, CA did seem to get 7.0 before everyone else, so not sure your logic follows.
You guys need to understand that Tesla is not a car company; it is a software company. When you deploy software, standard practice is to deploy first to a "small" groups of sites with minimal impact; then verify that all it is good and finally deploy to the largest group "last". For Tesla, the largest group is California.

OH NO! Not the infamous drive-away lock! :eek: Hope it automatically unlocks when the inside door handle is grasped. This is something I dislike as much as North American cars which leave their reverse lights on for half an hour after the owner walks away ... never quite sure if the car is about to back up, and then I realize the driver already left.

It's good that Supercharger status is on the map now, though :smile:

This is something I dislike as much as North American cars which leave their reverse lights on for half an hour after the owner walks away ... never quite sure if the car is about to back up, and then I realize the driver already left.

It's good that Supercharger status is on the map now, though :smile:

What car does this?

- - - Updated - - -

You guys need to understand that Tesla is not a car company; it is a software company.

A software company that hasn't updated their iOS app to support new devices in year and a half? Software companies had that done several days after those devices were released.

They're better than other car companies, BMW's software department can't even be laughed at it's so bad, but software company is a stretch.