Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[...] If you haven't received it, yet, I'd love to hear about it. (I know, normally we all discourage "I haven't gotten it, yet" posts, but I'm trying to get an idea how complete the roll-out is. Did they reach 95+% of Model S in 5 days?

This morning I was just about to reply to your post and report that I for one still hadn't received 7.1 for my 70D (VIN 115xxx), still on original 7.0 received on delivery... was beginning to wonder the logic in the rollout pattern

but just before clicking "submit reply", I went out to the car to double check and was surprised to finally see an update waiting. I will report in the firmware tracker once complete.

BTW, I thought the Tesla iOS app was supposed to send a notification any time there's an update? But I never got a notification...

...BTW, I thought the Tesla iOS app was supposed to send a notification any time there's an update? But I never got a notification...
Mine does. Be sure you have the notification setting turned on for software updates within the App. ...also, not sure if you need the App running in the background or not to get those notifications -- I keep mine there, as it's needed to get Calendar pop-ups when I get into MS.

Mine does. Be sure you have the notification setting turned on for software updates within the App. ...also, not sure if you need the App running in the background or not to get those notifications -- I keep mine there, as it's needed to get Calendar pop-ups when I get into MS.
thx. [...]
edit: nevermind - user error. I was expecting to find the update notification on my lockscreen where I usually find my charging notifications each morning but it wasn't there. But I just found it buried among the longer list of notifications from various other apps. oops!

p.s. today's update was 2.9.172, directly from 7.0 (2.7.106) which I've had since delivery

Last edited:
Weird. I received 7.0 2.9.12 in my new car on December 4th. When I didn't receive a notice of OTA 7.1 update by Tuesday, I emailed Raleigh Service, they resent, and I scheduled the update for last night. I went out to the garage this morning excited to test Summon and go for a drive only to find that the update was for 7.0 2.9.77, and another update notice had been received. Fingers crossed it's .154 :cool:

I don't think the car knows it's in or out when summoning, it just knows forward/backward.

No, I'm saying than holding down the center button on the fob to initiate the sequence is causing the issue about locking auto present.

Well, my statement still applies (just not to your specific question/problem). Yea, I've noticed that when starting the sequence (pressing on the middle button), it does lock the doors before flashing the lights.

Received 7.1 on the 12th. Not bad for the UK. Unfortunately, the summoning feature is not yet available in Europe but everything else is good. I suspect we have different laws over here regarding a vehicle moving without a driver?? I'm sure Tesla are working on it and it must give them an opportunity to measure its success in the States before rolling it out world wide. What a car!!

I was having fun with Summons yesterday. I was parked diagonally at a bank parking lot with a downgrade and from the outside I told Heartbeat to travel backwards. A man was watching and he went into a panic as he thought the car was rolling down and rushed to the rear and tried to stop the car by pushing on the trunk. I thanked him for his effort.

At another location an observer asked if that was a Google car. Tried perpendicular parking with excellent results. I think Summons will call more attention to Tesla as bystanders see the car in action. This morning I demonstrated Summons in front of 10 members of our ROMEO club (Retired Old Men Eating Out).

All of the nonsense around the new restriction is ridiculous, really. There really just is no reason for it. I honestly don't see how it solves any problem whatsoever. It seems much more probable that it will cause more problems then it solves.
My speculation is that Tesla (well, Elon) really didn't want to add any sort of restrictions. But due to some of the bad press they felt compelled to add _something_. Since, on undivided roads most people won't be driving much over the speed limit +5 (at least on the curvy roads around me) this doesn't create much, if any, of a restriction in practice. It was likely intended to be a non-restrictive restriction.

Now, I have had several encounters of divided roads being classified as undivided (boo!) and divided roads classified as undivided (yeah!), so I agree this "restriction" creates more problems than it solves.

I was having fun with Summons yesterday. I was parked diagonally at a bank parking lot with a downgrade and from the outside I told Heartbeat to travel backwards. A man was watching and he went into a panic as he thought the car was rolling down and rushed to the rear and tried to stop the car by pushing on the trunk. I thanked him for his effort.

At another location an observer asked if that was a Google car. Tried perpendicular parking with excellent results. I think Summons will call more attention to Tesla as bystanders see the car in action. This morning I demonstrated Summons in front of 10 members of our ROMEO club (Retired Old Men Eating Out).

Wait, I thought Heartbeat was a Chevrolet! :wink:
I guess you were lucky that you didn't having it move forwards as he might've pushed on the frunk! :eek:

Attachments

• 51PBr7YmqKL.jpg
    51PBr7YmqKL.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 124