Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2.10.71 last night as well. It installed in about 20 minutes. The release notes are the same as the initial 7.1 update, so don't know what changed. Still no Summon feature for this Canadian.
Hopefully, they are just quietly fixing the AS ping-pong and the lane biasing. Summon if it ever comes to Canada will be mostly for show and tell for me. Not really useful as my garage is 90 deg to the driveway.

tacc slows down for curves. It probably thinks there are curves coming up.

The point is that TACC used to slow down here (for no good reason) and it no longer does, even though the revision level has not changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Tacc was never restricted. Only auto steer with tacc was restricted.

Doh! Is my face red...

I emailed servicehelpna to tell them that I didn't want to downgrade to 7.1's AP restrictions based on the fact that my car never knows the correct speed limit, and the maps are so outdated that it couldn't possibly know if roads are divided or not. They replied the next day and said I should send any examples I had of incorrect speed limits. I told them I had sent dozens by "bug report" and they then basically told me that it hadn't been addressed because nobody reads the bug reports, and I should email them dates/times and locations instead. I've now sent in quite a few, they've "forwarded them to development" (which is probably code for "nobody cares")

Once I see some movement on improving the maps and speed limits, and much better reports on the AP in general, I'll consider changing software versions. Until then, I'll enjoy the car the way *I* want to.
If they make changes based on your reports those changes will be in a future update. .. By not updating you are missing the improvements based on your reports

If they make changes based on your reports those changes will be in a future update. .. By not updating you are missing the improvements based on your reports
Well then I'll wait until others report that the issues have been fixed. No reports of that so far. And really, if they actually implement some form of a process to fix these things, I'll consider updating, but so far I've seen no evidence of that.

Got the Update last night and see no difference at all. 7.1 (2.10.71)
Does anyone know of a list of updates online anywhere?
The release notes you have on your MS are the only official listing of differences. Any detail beyond that is what individuals discover and share on forums like TMC. My suggestion is if your interested in that next layer of detail, to just become a frequent visitor to TMC, subscribe to forums of interest, and participate in the grand experiment!

I think this is normal. Keep in mind the car doesn't really know that there is a parking spot. It knows that as you drove by slowly, using the ultrasonics it could tell there was a space that the car could fit. The car can't tell that you're at a traffic light, etc.

I grok that the environment as seen by ultrasonics is a different, fuzzy "view" than what I see visually and from reading my brief description you have no idea what else mighthave confused the ultrasonics. Point is there was nothing remotely resembling two cars with a gap and nothing that would serve as a curb in the first two cases. Definitely a flaw in the algorithm. Moreover, these are places I commonly go and I did not get these indications in 7.0, so perhaps an "improvement" in 7.1 introduced a new error.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla has basically told me that nobody pays any attention to those bug reports. email them a time and location instead if you want them to know about it. [email protected]

Sad to hear, but unfortunately makes sense. The audio comment permitted is so short it is next to impossible to provide adequate context, so unless there is some brutally obvious error in the logs there is little engineering can do to understand what is wrong. Likely very labor intensive with low yield of meaningful data, so abandoned as a poor use of resources. Written input can go through automated filtering to find cluster common problems, then pulling log data can yield meaningful input for analysis across multiple occurrences.

Sad to hear, but unfortunately makes sense. The audio comment permitted is so short it is next to impossible to provide adequate context, so unless there is some brutally obvious error in the logs there is little engineering can do to understand what is wrong. Likely very labor intensive with low yield of meaningful data, so abandoned as a poor use of resources. Written input can go through automated filtering to find cluster common problems, then pulling log data can yield meaningful input for analysis across multiple occurrences.

I have no argument with your logic and that decision if it is the one Tesla has reached. But if that is the case, they should disable the ability to provide feedback that way, so customers aren't under the false impression that the feedback they provide is actually being received.

So 2.10.71 does not look like a full scale roll-out. It's more a trickle out with 25 reported installs in the two days that it's been out. It has shown up in the US, Canada and a few European countries and seems to hit all car models (given the small reported sample size we have a few with no installs, but there's no overwhelming pattern of "it's all P90D" or anything like that). We've seen reports from Model S and X. RWD and AWD. Small and large batteries. VINs as early as 30k (again, keep the small sample size in mind).

I have 2.10.56 from 2.9.154. I picked my car up from the SC on saturday, but they had staged the update on Thursday.

Tonight while driving with AP, I noticed the cars willingness to change lanes, even though it did not show the adjacent lane on the IC. Before it would not change lanes unless the lines were showing on the IC
Anyone else notice that?

Then possibly it's a new policy. Unfortunately it's a common one companies use "too many reports are backlogged, so instead of prioritizing catching up, we're just going to stop trying"

If Tesla really isn't using the feedback provided through this system, they need to let customers know that and disable the system, or change what it is being used for. (I've said this before.)

I could still see a benefit to this system as follows, and this is actually how I've used it the couple of times that I have.

When I have anything to report to servicehelpna, I do it via email. But if the situation involves a sporadic bug and odd behavior in the car, I have also attempted to document it just after it happens, via the "bug report" feature, so that Tesla has the exact time and date that matches up with the logs, etc. Then when I follow up via email, and note that I submitted a bug report from the car at the time the incident occurred, it should be easy enough for Tesla t match things up and pull logs if they so desire.

I think used this way--as a way to kind of "tag" an occurrence of a bug, to make it easier to identify exactly when it took place--the system makes sense, but it has to be used in conjunction with a more detailed communication method, like e-mail or phone. And most importantly, Tesla needs to communicate what is going on, which of course they don't seem to be doing as it relates to this.

I think used this way--as a way to kind of "tag" an occurrence of a bug, to make it easier to identify exactly when it took place--the system makes sense, but it has to be used in conjunction with a more detailed communication method, like e-mail or phone. And most importantly, Tesla needs to communicate what is going on, which of course they don't seem to be doing as it relates to this.

This is how I use it. I take a pic with my phone, submit a bug report via voice command, then email ServiceHelpNA or my local Advisor with the details, time, etc. and mention I used the car's voice command to submit a bug report that way. So if nobody is reading the report via the car, at least if SHNA dials into my car, they will see the screenshots and any diagnostics the car saved.