Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go. Summon into garage.

Thanks. Great to see. It's too bad your charging cable won't reach or that would be a good solution to your door clearance.

Also, as an aside, your trunk panel gaps (that you posted in another thread) are pretty unnoticeable in this "real life" style non-zoomed in video. I know you got a lot of feedback in that thread, so I just wanted to mention that the vehicle looks good.

Also, as an aside, your trunk panel gaps (that you posted in another thread) are pretty unnoticeable in this "real life" style non-zoomed in video. I know you got a lot of feedback in that thread, so I just wanted to mention that the vehicle looks good.

Agreed, unless you are looking for faults you won't notice it. I asked my wife (it is her car) to tell me if she could see any exterior faults and she didn't notice the panel gap or the bumper color - and I am not going to point them out. Still waiting on Tesla's responsive if it is acceptable or not.

I am really curious how the auto park will work for me as I live in a town home and only have a narrow street between my garage and the one across from me. Does the car have to be lined-up with its final position in the garage?

Do you think that they will had the ability to auto park (in reverse) from a starting position that is perpendicular to the cars final position?

I am really curious how the auto park will work for me as I live in a town home and only have a narrow street between my garage and the one across from me. Does the car have to be lined-up with its final position in the garage?

Currently, yes.

Do you think that they will had the ability to auto park (in reverse) from a starting position that is perpendicular to the cars final position?

They have said that the plan is to self-park from perpendicular positions, but nothing about reverse. However, I assume it'll be supported.

I installed the latest SW update over the weekend.

Right Falcon Wing Door opened by itself in the garage. I swear I DID NOT OPEN IT. Unsuspecting, I opened the garage door and got a tiny nick when it hit the door - had the FWD opened another 1/4" I would have a 2' long scratch. Lucky, I guess.

One of my FOBs appears to be dead (see separate thread), the other works. Other than the first tiny scratch, no issues.

Today the outside air temperature display magically reappeared. It read "---∘F" for several days.

- - - Updated - - -

@Marcus - you are a braver man than I. Also, it appears that you have a lot of space around the X.

My parking sensors went crazy after the rain. The front right two keep telling me to stop when nothing is in front of the Model X. Tesla Motors technical assistance couldn't help over the phone. It's another item for the SC to repair. Thank goodness the car is drivable above 5 mph without all the bells and dings.

• Informative
Reactions: drayers
Updated the Model X to Firmware 2.11.54 (7.1 still). I've noticed that it seems that Tesla currently is on about a 7-8 day update cycle with the Model X firmware: Our first update 7.0 build 2.10.26 received on 1-15, next update 7.1 build 2.10.56 on 1-22, next update 7.1 build 2.10.71 on 1-30 and finally 7.1 build 2.11.54 February 8th.

My observations about 2.11.54:

Autopilot - much, much more solid. Car holds it's line much truer and seems to track much better. Braking is more smooth and in general I have way more confidence in 2.11.54 Autopilot than I did in 2.10.56. Maybe they are in the process of tweaking some variables based on the Model X driving dynamics compared to the S. What ever Tesla did, it worked!

Falcon Wing Doors (FaWD): Seems to be much improved from a stability of function perspective. Previous to this update, we had a problem with our Passenger side FaWD sensor with false readings which would restrict the opening arc. It seemed to be exacerbated by lower temperatures, which I believed were causing some flex in the body panel as different structural parts shrank and expanded at differing rates, which caused the body panel to flex out of the initial software tolerance they programmed into the sensor program (I believe this was our specific issue in our door, but I'm sure there are many other conditions that caused errors in the fleet). Today we have not experienced any of the frequent errors we had before the update. The update also added more functional control of the FaWD by giving us two potential default opening settings to choose from (Fully open and 2/3rd open (I'd call that Umbrella mode to help shelter people and the car interior more from harsh weather conditions). In addition the partial opening mode makes opening and closing the FaWD's a bit quicker by shrinking the arc distance they have to travel. You can also pause the doors at any point in the opening/closing cycle now.

Auto open/close driver side front door: Function here added/improved. Prior to the update you had to press the touchscreen, pull the interior handle or press the exterior door handle to mechanically open the front driver door. To mechanically close it you could press on the brake, pull on the interior handle, squeeze the doorframe and exterior handle or use the touch screen. Tesla added the 'butler' function - Unlock the car with the keyfob and walk towards it at the right angle and the driver side door will automagically present itself open to you. Walk away from the car and manually lock it with the fob and the door automagically closes. I haven't tested the autoclose with the walk-away-door lock function yet, but I believe the door will autoclose when the car detects the keyfob away from it a certain distance. When it locks based on the walk-away-lock, it should closed the door as well.

Feature removed - 2nd row seat movement through the touchscreen - Tesla took out the controls to move the 2nd row seats forward and backwards from the touch screen. I believe it will return in a future update. My guess is there were seat errors that people were reporting that were really being caused by people moving the 2nd row seats with the touch screen and not understanding how it was initially intended to function. I think the controls were simply to move the seats all the way forward to let someone in the 3rd row and then meant to move the seats completely back (by holding the back arrow) to it's locked position. But I used it at first to try to adjust the seat distance and it kept throwing up 2nd seat row unlocked errors. It probably caused more X owners to report 2nd seat row malfunctions than necessary. So back to the coders the function goes to iron out the UI and functionality.

Before this latest update I had strong concerns about the FaWD from a stability standpoint. Granted, we've only had 2.11.54 for a day, but so far it seems as if this one update has remedied our FaWD issues and instilled a renewed confidence in the overall quality and functionality of the Model X. I now personally believe that the reports of issues with FaWD we've seen on the forums and other places can be fixed primarily with software and will not require much, if any redesign or re-engineering of the FaWD sensors or mechanisms. Check back with me in about a month to see if I still hold that same opinion, but the early stage review here is very positive.

Last edited:
7.1 (2.12.126) is the update you want for Model X.

The beep is back. Much softer than the loud beep when closing the hatch or falcon wing doors.

One touch is all it takes to move the 2nd row forward or back. Press again to stop movement. You can hold it down as before if you like the old way of moving the seats.

7.1 (2.12.126) is the update you want for Model X.

The beep is back. Much softer than the loud beep when closing the hatch or falcon wing doors.

One touch is all it takes to move the 2nd row forward or back. Press again to stop movement. You can hold it down as before if you like the old way of moving the seats.

That's great news. Both these features sound like a huge improvement. I was disappointed when I heard the beep was removed, but relieved that it's back.

Downloaded and installed 2.12.126 tonight and my left 2nd row seat does not tilt or move forward as far as the right one. Was doing this last week, but cured itself - Now it's back. Anyone have any suggestions before I bring it to the SC?