Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday morning, first Tesla, so inexperienced w/ Tesla's cadence on software updates. Based just on this thread, it seems like there are lots of firmwares out in the wild at any point in time.

FWIW, I just got prompted to upgrade tonight, and did so, and ended up on 7.1 (2.15.16). I was on a 7.0 from delivery yesterday but didn't think to make note of the build number.

• Helpful
Reactions: Darryl
Took delivery of our X on Saturday. Last night I received 2.15.16.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 103
What communications do you need to do the updates? In my driveway and garage the WiFi does not connect but it shows 2 bars. If I drive around to the front of the house it connects with 4 bars. Also my LTE at home never shows more than 1 bar.

Will I have to go somewhere else and sit for hours to get sw updates?

In my driveway and garage the WiFi does not connect but it shows 2 bars.
Why don't you either move the location of your WiFi router/access point in your home or buy a repeater or buy a stronger WiFi router? All of these options should cost in the $0 - $100 price range... I mean, you do own a Tesla... You should probably give that Model X the internet freedom it deserves!

What communications do you need to do the updates? In my driveway and garage the WiFi does not connect but it shows 2 bars. If I drive around to the front of the house it connects with 4 bars. Also my LTE at home never shows more than 1 bar.

Will I have to go somewhere else and sit for hours to get sw updates?

It really shouldn't matter. As long as you have a working 3G, LTE or wi-fi signal, you'll get the update when your number comes up at Tesla HQ. You're not going to accelerate it by having a "better" wi-fi signal.

It really shouldn't matter. As long as you have a working 3G, LTE or wi-fi signal, you'll get the update when your number comes up at Tesla HQ. You're not going to accelerate it by having a "better" wi-fi signal.
Correct. I'm not sure what the upside is to having wifi connected at home, honestly. If I leave the house streaming TuneIn radio, I often am faced with an interruption once I leave the range and transition to 3G. In many cases, that means hearing the sponsorship message again halfway down my driveway.

I've had trouble (off & on) getting wifi also, what "seemed" to work for me was changing my DNS provider to google (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4). Since I've made that change, I get wifi consistently.

I got 12.15.16 last night (wifi) here in a suburb of Chicago. 40 minutes I think.

It was going in for some 'bill due' stuff this morning anyway so I was glad to have the most current version.

One of the issues it was going in for was inconsistent closing of the FaWD. It happened yesterday a couple times at a BnB (demo'd before we left). Guess what? This morning I couldn't get it to fail.

However, my passenger side front window started acting odd and would go back up the 1/2" when the door closed. Ever time I opened/closed it it would just be down another 1/2". Coincidental perhaps but the first I experienced it this morning when the Tesla service manager was here.

We have our X connected to our WiFi, and the firmware update (12.15.16) about which we were notified last night that showed it would take 1hr 40mins actually took less than an hour. I assume that was because of the fast WiFi we have.

Once you received the notification, the updated has already been downloaded and staged for update. Wifi isn't part of the picture at that point. Tesla usually over-estimates the update times so nobody complains that it took longer than expected.

Just got firmware 2.15.50 this morning. Seem to be another bug-fix update.
I installed 2.15.50 this morning on my Wife's X.
Yesterday we took a little road trip, and the front parking sensors started indicating "stop" under 5mph. When I took delivery it happened on the right side. They "unplugged" the sensor and it seemed to fix it. Now the left side is doing the same thing.
Have you experienced this? And if so did the 2.15.50 take care of it?
(I wont be able to drive it until late tonight.)

I installed 2.15.50 this morning on my Wife's X.
Yesterday we took a little road trip, and the front parking sensors started indicating "stop" under 5mph. When I took delivery it happened on the right side. They "unplugged" the sensor and it seemed to fix it. Now the left side is doing the same thing.
Have you experienced this? And if so did the 2.15.50 take care of it?
(I wont be able to drive it until late tonight.)
....It did not resolve the Sensor issue.