Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did have one functionality issue this morning as well, though I didn't think it was related. When I put the car in Park after my morning commute, I heard a sound that sounded like the windows lowering. When I checked the app later, it turns out the front passenger door is ajar. I believe it opened when I put the car in Park. Odd.

See if that link works. It's a closed group, but the story is clear. Looks like at least 2 members there had the issue.

Here's what the functionality issues were: "I got the upgrade this morning. When I left the office it took three times on brake pedal to start car. 17 inch display was off, no heat, creep was off, and various other issues. I enjoyed that screen, i stopped at Tesla they got the display working again but I lost this information. It is actually a service screen they said."

As to @Cyclone 's point, the media player does indeed still have the login button if you scroll down... it's just the streaming quality that appears to be missing (still?).

HD radio support is still all there.

I'm also happy to report the "mars" easter egg works. :)

I wonder if the reason that some of us had the update, and then it disappeared, was because there were some bugs - such as these diagnostic screens popping up. Possibly why Tesla removed the updates....

You're probably correct. I got a software update message on my phone a few days ago, when I get to my car later that day, the software update wasn't there.

I got software update message again today, Version 2.52.22 installed, not 2.52.20.

You're probably correct. I got a software update message on my phone a few days ago, when I get to my car later that day, the software update wasn't there.

I got software update message again today, Version 2.52.22 installed, not 2.52.20.

Exactly the same happens to me, i received the notification, and when i get my car, there's nothing, i try to reboot but nothing, this morning without notification i have the update ready to install, i will do it tonight.

Hi, I have a classic P85 (2012). While having my TPMS system upgraded I had late model P85D loaner.

It's dash display was different than mine. (both 8.x) Instead of the normal circle of speeds with a pointer, it had the actual speed as a large text number. It also, and this is what I'm after, had the current speed limit displayed as a small speed limit sign graphic.

How do I get this display in my classic P85? I can't find anything in the settings.

Really enjoying seeing my real-time tire pressures, but also want that speed limit display.

Thanks!

Hi, I have a classic P85 (2012). While having my TPMS system upgraded I had late model P85D loaner.

It's dash display was different than mine. (both 8.x) Instead of the normal circle of speeds with a pointer, it had the actual speed as a large text number. It also, and this is what I'm after, had the current speed limit displayed as a small speed limit sign graphic.

How do I get this display in my classic P85? I can't find anything in the settings.

Really enjoying seeing my real-time tire pressures, but also want that speed limit display.

Thanks!

You trade in you for a car that is capable of having AutoPilot (regardless of whether you bought that feature or not). That display is ONLY for autopilot-capable cars and the display you are used to is ONLY for non-autopilot-capable cars.

You trade in you for a car that is capable of having AutoPilot (regardless of whether you bought that feature or not). That display is ONLY for autopilot-capable cars and the display you are used to is ONLY for non-autopilot-capable cars.

Well that's just mean. :) Being an embedded software guy, I definitely don't want AP. I would like to know the posted speed limit when I've missed seeing the physical sign. I got used to this with my various dedicated nav systems that have all posted the speed limit.

Maybe they'll give us old faithful's the feature some day.

Speaking of old faithful's is there a thread for people who intend to keep their original Model S forever?

Well that's just mean. :) Being an embedded software guy, I definitely don't want AP. I would like to know the posted speed limit when I've missed seeing the physical sign. I got used to this with my various dedicated nav systems that have all posted the speed limit.

Maybe they'll give us old faithful's the feature some day.

Speaking of old faithful's is there a thread for people who intend to keep their original Model S forever?

Oh, I would like it too. Even without the camera to override with what (it thinks it) sees, the database would be helpful to us. But I love my speed tape and power meter and wouldn't want to lose that in the process. That said, in v6, the AP cars had the speed tape and speed limit signs, so it should be possible -- just don't hold your breath.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I read in another thread:

""You should be able to visit www.slacker.com and login with your slacker radio credentials and change the bitrate in the account/general settings. ""

As to @Cyclone 's point, the media player does indeed still have the login button if you scroll down... it's just the streaming quality that appears to be missing (still?).

HD radio support is still all there.

I'm also happy to report the "mars" easter egg works. :)