Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason when I'm supercharging occasionally my power windows fail to go up or down till I unplug from the supercharger.

I think I can top that: When I'm plugged into a Supercharger, my wipers won't work. My washers will squirt fluid onto the glass, but no wiper action whether I press the button or turn the switch. As far as I can tell, every other 12v accessory works when I'm Supercharging. Once I unplug, my wipers come back to life.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
I think I can top that: When I'm plugged into a Supercharger, my wipers won't work. My washers will squirt fluid onto the glass, but no wiper action whether I press the button or turn the switch. As far as I can tell, every other 12v accessory works when I'm Supercharging. Once I unplug, my wipers come back to life.
Maybe Tesla doesn't want you to get wet while Supercharging? lol

Maybe the car senses that it needs to be cooled off? lol sorry, this weird limitation makes no sense and I totally agree.

I figured out what is is: Since the last (or at least a recent) update, the wipers look like they won't work when the car is in what I call "Accessory Mode". That is to say when the displays powered up after you get in, but not "On" which happens after you tap the brake pedal. All other 12v accessories seem to work, including the washers, just no wipers. Of course, when you're at at Supercharger, the car cannot be turned "On" when you tap the brake, and that just happened to be where I was when I first noticed it.

Version 2018.14.2 a888808e with the new maps sure is freezing the main display a lot causing me to have to reboot about once a day -- usually when I am using the browser which is now much improved. Then, after the screen reboots, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the cell signal to come back, which first says 3G then after a minute or so goes to LTE. I wonder if the LTE upgrade is causing the freezing? Anyone else?

Version 2018.14.2 a888808e with the new maps sure is freezing the main display a lot causing me to have to reboot about once a day -- usually when I am using the browser which is now much improved. Then, after the screen reboots, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the cell signal to come back, which first says 3G then after a minute or so goes to LTE. I wonder if the LTE upgrade is causing the freezing? Anyone else?
I don't have the LTE upgrade and am having similar issues. Not daily, but probably every couple of days. Have even had to reboot to just start the car once or twice.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I don't know what's causing your freezes, but it's normal for it to take several minutes to get a connection and to show 3G for a while before LTE when rebooting. I had the LTE upgrade installed last summer and I'm not seeing any crashes/freezes with 2018.14.2 a88808e.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
No mention of updates for AP1 version Models ... :cool:

Tesla’s version 9 software update is coming in August with first ‘full self-driving features’, says Elon Musk

Tesla’s next major software update ‘version 9.0’ is now set for a release in August and it will include the first ‘full self-driving features’ for Autopilot 2.0 vehicles, says CEO Elon Musk Version 8.0 came back in 2016. It was Tesla’s most significant over-the-air software update at the time. It featured a user interface refresh, a few new features, and several improvements related to Autopilot.

Almost two years later, it looks like Version 9.0 is also going to bring a similar important update to Tesla’s software. Musk announced on Twitter last night that the version 9.0 is coming in August and that it would even include the first “full self-driving features”:

upload_2018-6-10_9-54-40.png

• Funny
Reactions: Blup85
No mention of updates for AP1 version Models ... :cool:

Tesla’s version 9 software update is coming in August with first ‘full self-driving features’, says Elon Musk

Tesla’s next major software update ‘version 9.0’ is now set for a release in August and it will include the first ‘full self-driving features’ for Autopilot 2.0 vehicles, says CEO Elon Musk Version 8.0 came back in 2016. It was Tesla’s most significant over-the-air software update at the time. It featured a user interface refresh, a few new features, and several improvements related to Autopilot.

Almost two years later, it looks like Version 9.0 is also going to bring a similar important update to Tesla’s software. Musk announced on Twitter last night that the version 9.0 is coming in August and that it would even include the first “full self-driving features”:

View attachment 308411
Why would you expect an update to AP 1.0? Tesla is on to better things.