Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would imagine Elon thinks it's good enough to just speak whatever song you want to hear and it starts playing. I'm guessing he doesn't have the time or inclination to collect music onto a USB drive. That's my theory as to why the USB interface doesn't work better. Also the fact that there is no CD player or AUX input indicates that Elon doesn't collect music in the same way as the rest of us.

I would imagine Elon thinks it's good enough to just speak whatever song you want to hear and it starts playing. I'm guessing he doesn't have the time or inclination to collect music onto a USB drive. That's my theory as to why the USB interface doesn't work better. Also the fact that there is no CD player or AUX input indicates that Elon doesn't collect music in the same way as the rest of us.

I'm not convinced that the set of people discussing this issue on TMC is representative of "the rest of us" (if that's taken to mean the population of Tesla owners in general).

I do have some music on a USB drive, and I've occasionally wrestled with the UI but for one reason or another, it mostly works (the main outstanding problem for me and my music collection is not handling compilations). For those cases where it falls over, everything on that USB drive is also on my phone and I can play over Bluetooth. While this setup isn't perfect for me, this is far from the most important thing in my life. I just take my collection of workarounds and move on. (I wouldn't claim that most Tesla owners are like me, either.)

Respectfully,

Bruce.

PS. I've never had a car with an AUX input (going back to 1994), and the only car I've ever owned with a CD player was my now-ex-Prius. :) I just realized while writing this post that we've never even tested the CD drive in my wife's relatively new car!

Reactions: JenniferQ
2. Playback Resume
Tracks still reset to beginning when exiting and then returning to the vehicle. Observed slight causality with track resetting when a driver returns to the car after longer than 15min from leaving it – need more testing / passenger door status change may also affect this
I had a chance to try out shuffle and left it on yesterday. This morning when I entered the car and it resumed from the same song (unless it was continuously playing overnight) and didn't start from the beginning of the song.

Reactions: JenniferQ
So the mid and treble are staying put, but when I change the fade it doesn't seem to. I like the music to seem more stereo/surround so I choose on the drag wheel to have it somewhat toward the back of center. Many times I get back in the car and find it's very front heavy again. And when I choose to drag the slider to the back, it's gets all 'spazzy," for wont of a better word. It's not happy to be moved. Did not have this problem pre-2.42.40. And the AP is trying to take every right HOV exit again. Training again, but really?

I had a chance to try out shuffle and left it on yesterday. This morning when I entered the car and it resumed from the same song (unless it was continuously playing overnight) and didn't start from the beginning of the song.
Yeah, this is totally hit or miss. I can figure out when it does it and when it does not. Did you not trigger the passenger door? That could be part of it, right?

I'm not convinced that the set of people discussing this issue on TMC is representative of "the rest of us" (if that's taken to mean the population of Tesla owners in general).

I do have some music on a USB drive, and I've occasionally wrestled with the UI but for one reason or another, it mostly works (the main outstanding problem for me and my music collection is not handling compilations). For those cases where it falls over, everything on that USB drive is also on my phone and I can play over Bluetooth. While this setup isn't perfect for me, this is far from the most important thing in my life. I just take my collection of workarounds and move on. (I wouldn't claim that most Tesla owners are like me, either.)

Respectfully,

Bruce.

PS. I've never had a car with an AUX input (going back to 1994), and the only car I've ever owned with a CD player was my now-ex-Prius. :) I just realized while writing this post that we've never even tested the CD drive in my wife's relatively new car!
Great point @bmah . Just like the NEMA 14-30, I think this is one of those issues where it affects anywhere between 10-20% of total ownership (a non-majority either way you look at it). But it's the fact that based on increasing ownership, the number of those affected only increases, even if percentage fluctuates. Besides, this is low-hanging fruit, it's a Media Player. It requires no extra HP from the CPU, only some good, quality programming which Tesla has lots of. Then after this, we can start getting NAV up to a point where it really excels.

Reactions: bmah
[QUOTE="JenniferQ, post: 1818509, member: 39318" And the AP is trying to take every right HOV exit again. Training again, but really?[/QUOTE]

I'm smirking as I've noticed my AP trying to exit HOV left or right, wherever possible. I keep thinking it believes it does not belong in the HOV lanes. Yet NAV was just getting compfortable disclosing lane availablity....at least when combined with tolls. I don't understad why re-training is needed with HOV lanes, but I'm learning too I guess.

Great point @bmah . Just like the NEMA 14-30, I think this is one of those issues where it affects anywhere between 10-20% of total ownership (a non-majority either way you look at it). But it's the fact that based on increasing ownership, the number of those affected only increases, even if percentage fluctuates. Besides, this is low-hanging fruit, it's a Media Player. It requires no extra HP from the CPU, only some good, quality programming which Tesla has lots of.

You're right about the absolute numbers, good point.

Then after this, we can start getting NAV up to a point where it really excels.

Hmm. Hope springs eternal... :)

Bruce.

Not a thing. I just overfilled the tires a few times and it went away. Until today...

Is it possible they have your car configured for the wrong wheels? Perhaps you need to change that and flip it back. The 19" and 21" went through a couple variations of 45 and 50 (maybe even 42?) and perhaps your car is expecting the wrong one.

To reset, go into the Settings and under Service, reset your TPMS and make sure you pick the right wheel size.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ and BertL
Is it possible they have your car configured for the wrong wheels? Perhaps you need to change that and flip it back. The 19" and 21" went through a couple variations of 45 and 50 (maybe even 42?) and perhaps your car is expecting the wrong one.

To reset, go into the Settings and under Service, reset your TPMS and make sure you pick the right wheel size.
Yeah, ^^^ this should work. You'll see a warning (forgot what it says) but you can ignore it. I've reset mine a couple of times without issue.

My icons for Favorites (or recents) disappeared today for a while and wouldn't come back. One was there and the other wasn't. It was like I needed to scroll down the screen but couldn't. Weird. Will reset tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Just wondering if it happened to anyone else. Oh, and now the bass/treble/mid stay the same but the fade (front/rear) keeps resetting!

2. Playback Resume
Tracks still reset to beginning when exiting and then returning to the vehicle. Observed slight causality with track resetting when a driver returns to the car after longer than 15min from leaving it – need more testing / passenger door status change may also affect this

It might be a bug, but I kinda like it.

It's like a getting to eat most of the cookie, and then coming back a day later to a FULL cookie.

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Eversince I got 2.42.40 I've got several air suspension error lights. I don't know if it is related to FW or not. Has anyone else noticed this with 2.42.40?

Light disappears when I power car down, but comes back after few kms. Of course it can be a hardware problem also.
error.JPG

Last edited:
Eversince I got 2.42.40 I've got several air suspension error lights. I don't know if it is related to FW or not. Has anyone else noticed this with 2.42.40?

Light disappears when I power car down, but comes back after few kms. Of course it can be a hardware problem also.
View attachment 201674
Sorry to hear. I have had no such problems with .40 and my air suspension. Likely worth a call to your SvC. Good luck.

Reactions: Matias

Unfortunately for Elon and for Tesla, customers won't accept this reasoning when cross-shopping Tesla's EVs with the competition - once they arrive. I'm talking about the big picture regarding all features, not just USB - Carplay, Android Auto, infotainment, other competitive convenience features.

Reactions: supratachophobia